T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently started using the Murakami S mesh. I'm really impressed how well ink passes through it.
We use Rutland and QCM plastisol mainly.

I'm writing because my S mesh screens sometime pop on the shelf. Last week I emulsified a brand new screen, exposed it and when I came back a few days later to put it into production it had popped. This has happened to me about 5 times this year. The supplier is not giving me any help on this. Any Ideas?

I do use an air dryer to keep my darkroom at 40%.

thanks
--S

·
Registered
46 Posts
Saati also makes a Thin Thread, I've spent the past two years playing around with the TT mesh screens from them. I've purchased roughly 30 of them, only 1 popped while sitting on the shelf but I've had 3 or 4 pop while printing/reclaiming. My biggest issue with them has been micro-breaks....where there would be several individual breaks within the mesh....you can see them after emulsion has been applied, then if you run your hand across the mesh you can feel them too. Upon closer inspection (under magnification) I find there is like 1 little break in the strand...but like 30-40 breaks across the whole screen. I concluded this could be caused by the dehazer that I use. I have since switched to a different dehazer, which doesnt work quite as well but have pretty much eliminated these little breaks. They sure are delicate but do allow the ink to pass much easier...so IDK! I don't think I will be switching completely to TT mesh. I'll keep some TT mesh screens in stock because they are hard to beat but will be mostly using regular mesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts