T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a lot of hard wood tiles to work with both 6x6 and 4x4.

I see it says to place the print on top of the tile and press my ? is.

Will it work the other way around if i let it heat longer.
Can i place the print face up on the press and place the hardwood tile face down on the print and press it like a metal print or normal tile.

If so what is the time required for pressing this. This would make this more easy to line up and press.

Next ?
For a hardwood tile mural
of six 6x6 wood tiles with them not having the tile curved edge like a normal tile can i press the full design on all 6 wood tiles at the same time.
Lay them out pushed togather like what will fit into the frame and press them??

if so can i do this with the tiles face down on the print.?? what would be the press time for all 6 face down.

Last night i made my first ceramic tiles 5 of them.

I see now that most of them are badley scratched on the serface making them look bad. I can not sell this to someone. 4 out of 5 tiles i got in have bad scratches on the surface it looks like they got kicked across the floor face down scratching them.

The other problem is all of them printed with a haze on them like the surface was not done right.

Is this normal to have a haze look to tiles?. when you turn them into the light just right you can see the haze over the fill image. strat on you can not see it so much.

The 8x8s i did all have this very bad but one 8x10 i did is only half as bad you have to look a lot harder to see it on the 8x10s.. the 8x8s you can see very easy,

If this is the quality of the sub tiles then i will not want to offer any more tile products.

In the past few days i have pressed 14 8x10 metal prints, 4 - 11x14 metal prints and a lot of 5x7 metal prints.
Every one has some problem the 5x7s seem to be the best. all the others have so many small dust spots in the surface and some have small chips of the finish that have come off around the edges. It looks like when they cut them it makes the finish week around the edges.
Some the rounded corners are not even cut right.

Amazing poor quality product but i love the look of them and have a lot of them hanging up to show and sell i just wish they would start making them better some how.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You have to tell us what products you are using to get any kind of effective feedback. Who is your vendor and what is the product. Also your pressure, temperature, and time settings. What brand of press? Swingaway or clamshell? What do you consider a "normal tile" to be??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vendor Conde

Premiere ceramic Tile

Product Detail - DyeTrans.com

Swingaway press GK 16x20

400 8min med using the felt pad as Conde how to page says.

normal tile = a ceramic tile not a wood tile.

The caramic tiles look very good except for the haze and the pits in the tile.
----------------------

The wood tiles i am using are here
Product Detail - DyeTrans.com

i have the 6x6 and 8x8 and some of the 4s and one 8x10.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts