T-Shirt Forums banner

Ryonet 25"X36" UV Exosure Unit

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Kime 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some input on the Ryonet 25"X36" UV Exposure Unit, model number RXP2536. I bought this exposure unit, but did not get the Lid that they offer. I want to get the Lid, but from the pictures that i've seen on their website, I don't see how the Lid will close with a Frame in it. Could someone with this unit verify that it's possible or even post some pictures of it being used, please.

This is the unit i'm talking about.

25x36" Auto UV Screen Exposure Unit w/ Aluminum Compression Lid

#2 ·
I have it. You use foam padding (included but you cut it to fit your screens) to press the screen down tight. It works great. When you have it locked with a frame and the foam in it the lid doesn't touch the bottom, but that doesn't matter. The little area of light shining out doesn't bother my unexposed screens, which are about 10 feet away. If the lid closed all the way the foam would not be pressed down as firmly. I get great detail in my screens with this unit. I have used aluminum frames and a smaller newman frame in it with no problems. I think you will be very happy you got the lid. Make sure you get the foam, too. I can't send pictures because I just had surgery yesterday and can't really get around for a couple of weeks. Besides I don't really want to use a flash in my darkroom with unexposed screens.

#6 ·
#11 ·
Actually I've did some tests on my home made exposure unit (with foam and lid) and my friends vacuum unit, and the results were practically the same. I've done a 65 lpi 305 mesh halftone screen. I've really didn't saw any difference in printing. But remember that the foam must be black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.