T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of his most recent t-shirts he wore on the show said something like "I Like to Wear Expensive T-Shirts".

I wonder where he gets them all. Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ryan Seacress from American Idol wears a lot of t-shirts

tortus32 said:
I bet some company gives them their wardrobes, as of who I have no idea - lol!

Bill
Good point. I doubt that he actually buys his own t-shirts.

Must be nice to be famous...if only for the t-shirt comps :)

·
Registered
19 Posts

lol!

You do see that often. Johnny Carson would always show off his suits saying who gave them to him so he would say their company nfo on the show.

Maybe in the credits on American Idol there's something that says who supplies the wardrobe. I'll have to tape the show and play the credits in slow motion since they fly by at the speed of light - lol!

Bill

·
Registered
402 Posts

I wondered who this guy was. Just did a web search too, seems you spelt it wrong, it's SEACREST. Anyway that guy is annoying much prefer the female presenter on Pop Idol :eek:) !

·
Registered
250 Posts
Who is Ryan Seacrest? J/K... Remember that year that Mike Stipe changed t-shirts every time he came to the stage for whatever awards ceremony it was. That's what seacrest should do... maximize the endorsements. I am afraid my shirts would not be all that "idol friendly" though. Maybe I'll make one just for him... "somewhere a shire is missing it's hobbit".
dicktees out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I seriously have no idea who Ryan Seacrest is. I rarely watch tv and especially loathe popcorn shows like Idol.
Oh well.
What other celebrities wear a lot of designer shirts? I see Dave Chapelle wearing T shirts alot on his show.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
enclothe said:
I seriously have no idea who Ryan Seacrest is. I rarely watch tv and especially loathe popcorn shows like Idol.
Oh well.
Everyone has different TV tastes (I happen to like popcorn :) )

If you know what Idol is, then he's the host.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not tried it, but Im sure thats how its done. Do some research into who the chosen celebs PR Agency are and send in a package, if they dont end up wearing it someone will.

Worst scenario, it goes to a thrift store, where some very cool things can be found, if your labels on there, you might get some business from it.

A few freebies Im sure would be a great marketing tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ryan Seacrest, as most celebrities do, has a personal stylist. His stylist is Amanda Jones. The majority of clothing you see on TV is done gratis for publicity.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just came close to doing a deal for a company called Hi8is that was going to "donate" shirts to all of the new MTV Road Rules participants. He was hoping to generate sales on his PrintMojo Store when people saw his cool tees on the show. We missed this season (he couldn't get his art in time) but we are in-line for next season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Your shirt on TV is definately worth celebrating. The only problem is that people might not know where to find the shirt (like at the beginning of this thread). You might have to work pretty hard to make sure people find you after seeing the shirt. Of course, it would be well worth the effort...;)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DMonkey said:
Like a shirt that's already being heavily market, that would be good...maybe! ;-) Still wondering how you find out if/when someone is making an appearance in one of your shirts? And do we have the right to 'report the finding' and use that in our own promo?? :)
I've seen companies use PR agencies that make contact with TV shows, actor's agents and media. The PR rep usually tells the client where their product will appear.

I still think you have to get permission from the person to use their likeness in promotional materials.

Just because someone wears your shirt, doesn't make them an instant model for you :) I think they you have to get the proper releases and such.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, that would make sense that you'd need a release, as long as you knew through a promo agent or something, but what about if you send in a shirt to... hmm, let's say someone in a band and he wears it onstage AND you happen to be there, where tons of people are snapping pics of the band, just this one guy happens to be wearing your shirt because you sent it to him? Then could you take a picture and post the text? :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts