T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I specialize in funny vintage-style t-shirts. Since I'm on the east coast and I'm looking for fine-thread t-shirts and ringers my printer recommended I try Royal Apparel. They're great shirts - but a little pricey. Does anyone know of more cost effective supplier of fine-thread tees than Royal Apparel??

Does anyone have any experience w/ Royal Apparel?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I believe it's Royal Apparel. Quite similar to American Apparel - or at least similar marketing efforts. They make a fine-jersey shirt. Great for vintage-style t-shirts. Thin fabrics and really soft. Cost more than your average shirts....I would like to find the same fabric-style at a much more affordable price. Would allow me to lower my prices and beef up the bottom line. Anyway - let me know what you think if you do investigate!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
do you know how much they are?
You would need to setup an account with Royal Apparel to get their pricing. We can't post a vendor's wholesale pricing here in the public forums, since they only want the pricing shared with their registered customers.

The pricing is basically along the lines of American Apparel/Continental Clothing/Article1, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure why everyone here says they're pricey. They're cheaper than AA, I believe. I went with them because they were the least expensive, and their shirts barely shrank after washing. I'd say they're the best American Made, "fashion" fit t-shirt available, for the price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely agree.

If you want a high-quality tee it is obvious that you should expect to pay a little bit more than for the cheap t that you you don't want to go with.

I have some experience with AA, Alternative, Next... and I still buy sometimes from them... but I find Royal Apparel more appealing for me.
More reasonable price, free shipping (over $250 purchase), made in USA, organic, And they stand for their quality and service.

Do they have a website?
Yes it is https://www.royalapparel.net

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely agree with the price deal. Royal Apparel is less expensive that some of the other manufacturers and the quality is probably better. Once you get their wholesale pricing there is no reason to shop anywhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
listen to me i worked for royal apparel DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from them all their fabric is poor quality. They say everything is American made it's not true most of their shirts are from pakistan and china from cheap dyes. They never correctly audit boxes so a lot of times you will think your ordering 20 shirts and you only get 15. Please just go to American Apparel for any clothing you need

·
Registered
2 Posts
listen to me i worked for royal apparel DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from them all their fabric is poor quality. They say everything is American made it's not true most of their shirts are from pakistan and china from cheap dyes. They never correctly audit boxes so a lot of times you will think your ordering 20 shirts and you only get 15. Please just go to American Apparel for any clothing you need

OK, I'm new to the forum with only one other post to my history. Does this kind of thing happen a lot on here? This seems suspicious given the poster has a single post and it is seemingly self serving in favor of AA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, I'm new to the forum with only one other post to my history. Does this kind of thing happen a lot on here? This seems suspicious given the poster has a single post and it is seemingly self serving in favor of AA.

Im not in favor of anything I am just stating the facts about Royal Apparel. If you want poor quality shirts then go to Royal Apparel. I worked their I saw what went down over there and it was shady. Their owners Abe and Morey Mayeri are cheap and do not care about quality even if it means spending an extra few pennies. If you do not want to believe me then by all means get shirts from them but you will be dissappointed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have purchased royal apparel before and thought the quality was fairly high end and similar to A.A. I don't get when people ask for American made apparel and then want it dirt cheap. You can buy nice stuff like Next level, Bella and Canvas, Cotton Heritage than is made offshore for less.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchase from RA and have had nothing but great experiences. I use there organic line. High quality, always the right count in my order. No complaints.

The only negative is that there customer service via email is slow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts