T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm ready to go into production and just have a quick question. Why is it when I transfer my image it feels pretty soft to the tough, not completely but its decent. But right after it is washed it has this sort of rough feel to it. Any suggestions? Also, should I be cutting around the edges of the image or is it better to cut a perfect square around the image?

Thanks,

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you are using Magic Mix or Durabrite Ink with TransJet II Paper (also known as Magic Jet)...it will not be completely soft.

But definitely no roughness in my opinion unless you did not apply enough pressure/heat/time.

Of if you peeled when transfer was too cool. Then you will get some bumpiness and crackly peel. I did this a few days ago. Was in a rush as I really only needed to test for color after heatpressing.

I always print test strips with smaller version of design and color blocks and heatpress to goof shirts. You might want to do this to test time/temp/pressure.

My settings: 375-385 F, 16-20 seconds, medium/heavy pressure.
Pre-press 10 seconds, see steam, pre-press 10+ seconds.

Susan
Knight DK20S, Durabrite, Magic Mix, TransJetII, MiraCool,
Epson, Graphtec

·
Registered
90 Posts
When first pressed a digital transfer will have a slight rough texture from the knap raising when the paper is peeled and the 100% cotton seems worse than the 50/50 does. To eliminate this, I have a Teflon Pad cover on my lower platen. I will flip the shirt over with the image against the Teflon, press it about 4 or 5 seconds and remove it. This will give you a very smooth image. IF your doing front and back, after peeling the second transfer, lay a Teflon sheet over it and press about 4 or 5 seconds, This will cause both the front and back images to be very smooth. You can do the same thing if the wash raises the knap. Have a BLESSED day.

God Bless You
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts