T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating setting up a makeshift screenprinting area in my basement for hobby but I want to make sure open windows and a fan is enough for the smell from the emulsion and also the plastisol ink. I wouldn't be printing on a steady basis but I have a child in the house and I need to be sure I will be able to ventilate properly

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am contemplating setting up a makeshift screenprinting area in my basement for hobby but I want to make sure open windows and a fan is enough for the smell from the emulsion and also the plastisol ink. I wouldn't be printing on a steady basis but I have a child in the house and I need to be sure I will be able to ventilate properly
The plastisol and emultion are not the big problem. depends on what other chemicals are used.

Its the curing of the shirts that smell and smoke. 50/50 put of more gas than 100% cotton. some dyes in color shirts are worse than others. my kids stayed in my shop as infants and they are geniuses. Ventilate your dryer properly and you should be ok.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No the fumes are not hhazardes just keep an open window and it should be fine . The emulsion should not ever release fumes buut does smell bad just try and keep an open window . Once u do dischargemake sure ur reall ventilated discharge can be very hazadous . If ur really woried use waterbased they are the safest way to go and enviormentaly friendly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts