T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just ordered a sample canvas roll and i tried printing on the canvas with my roland versacamm sp300 but it came out faded. What do i have to do to make it come out like and actual canvas print?
I want to start selling canvases before fathers day starts to make some quick cash.

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What brand of canvas are you using? Some are better than others. And we did it the first time, but we printed on the wrong side and it was very faded...try flipping it over and see what happens...

·
Registered
996 Posts
I did the same thing with my Epson 1900. Printed on the wrong side. Looked like crap. Printed on the other side and increased my saturation a little and came out great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast response.
I tried printing on the other side and it didn't come out good at all. I bought the sample roll at bulldogdigitalimagingproducts.com Do i have to coat it with anything before printing on it? What canvas do you guys recomened or use for the versacamm?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Canvas sucks ink like something else, you need to do several passes to make the image look vibrate. Its a guessing game, I had to do 4 passes to make the image look good, but man did i go thru ink. So now anyone wants canvas, the cost is much higher than banner cause of all the ink that gets used.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Be sure you use the profile for canvas in versa works. Also you can try Max Impact in the settings quality color management , preset, properties , at the bottom of that menu page.
Use profile Mac7 Matte artist canvas. You can also try Mvcp matte vinyl profile. If neither one of those work u need to contact mtg for profile. If that does not work. U should use a different material. As suggested above.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Bull Dog Media has good products, if look faded, did you use the Matte? If so that is junk, get semi gloss/gloss

Make sure your using canvas profile on versaworks and add 2 up on contrast will help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts