T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a Sticka SV-15 (along with my Hotronix 16x20 clam heat press, just had to throw that in cause I'm so excited about it) and explained to the sales person that I would be cutting heat transfers from transfer paper (Unfortunately 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17).Just read on another post that the Roland Sticka SV-15 only takes A4 or B4 paper?? Are they saying that the standard size 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17 paper cannot be used in this machine? I really didn't have any other reason for getting this machine outside of working with transfer paper. The cutter should arrive on Wednesday, should I send it back or is there a way around the paper issue? I would really be disappointed if I have to pay a 20% restocking fee for something not clearly advertised as well as mentioned in conversation.:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
A4 is your standard paper size of 8.5x11. You will be able to use both of them no problem though. As long as the sheet fits under the roller wheels it will work. Also on the SV15 the right wheel can be moved it to hold sheets that are smaller then 15".

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The maximum cutting width on the machine is: 340 mm (13-3/8 in.) Length: 1000 mm (39-5/16 in.) and the maximum media size: Width: 360 to 381 mm (14-1/8 to 15 in.) Length: 1100 mm (43-1/4 in.) or less

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok, i've got an A4 transfer sheet, i wanna print it and cut it, i use the print/cut option. Can you guys tell me what settings you use?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Deni...I don't think that that cutter has an optic eye. To outline cut transfers you would need that. You need to put regestration marks on the paper. This is done through your software. When you put the paper in the cutter, the eye sees the marks and knows where your design is and can outline cut it. I may be wrong but I don't see that option on that cutters features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts