T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying out the new Corel X5, free 30 day trail before purchase. I want to know if the Roland plug in will work with it. I have installed it, and have the icon on my tool bar. When I try to open it with the icon the Cut Studio page is blank. Need some help here for sure.
Thanks
Ric

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello Ric. Unfortunately the plugin is not yet compatible with Corel X5. You will have to export as an .ai file and import in to Cut Studio.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Adam, I was wondering what was going on. An "ai" file do you mean Adobe Illustrator? not sure how to do that. I never had to do it so I never looked for that type of file.
Thank You
Ric

·
Registered
435 Posts
You got it Ric! To export as an .ai file, go to "File" and then "Export". In the Save as Type drop down box, select "AI - Adobe Illustrator". Make sure you name it and put it in a place you'll be able to find it. I put a folder on my desktop where I put all of my design files.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Adam
I'm familiar w/ that drop down, just never looked @ all the options.
I'm getting ready for a print & cut machine, I will be in touch. Imprintables support has been A+
Thanks Again
Ric

·
Registered
435 Posts
You can cut straight from Corel but there really isn't a way to set your origin point. It's hard to say where it will cut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Ric,
Just saw your post and I too have been looking for the plug-in for CorelDraw X5. You probably have already foung out but just take your CorelDraw file and pull it into CutStudio. It will coe up.
Moses

·
Registered
140 Posts
Save as a .AI Open cut studio click file/import. I save my .AI's as version 7 for a screen printed transfer vendor I use. So if it does'nt work for you you may have to try saving your X5 CDR's to an older version of Illustrator so Cut Studio knows what to do with it. Corel will give you the options when you click file/export or file/save as

1 - 9 of 9 Posts