T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a Roland PC-60 and was wondering if anyone else has one and what vinyl are you using for t-shirt transfers and decals. Thanks.

Carl

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The pc 60 is older technology, they worked great. I know they were hard on print heads and this caused me to pass on them. I didn't want to replace them at almost $1000 AT A POP. .... JB

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposedly new printhead. Want to use for decals and t-shirts with possibly small signs as well. I thought I read somewehere that only certain vinyl will work well with the PC60 but for the life of me I cannot recall just where I saw the article. Thanks.

Carl

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
when we first decided to get into digital printing at the sign shop instead of just cut vinyl we looked into the pc-50 and the pc-600. after reading and talking t many people we decided against it.
for many reasons.. including the cost to make stickers.. etc.. It would be hard to be competetive price wise when its costing you so much more to make them..
they also were not real reliable machines.. and that is the reason that roland quit making them..
Im not sure about it having to use special vinyl.. but that could very well be true.

i also remmber being told that they are slow.. but speed is a realative thing so i donno.

LIke with any other machine there are gonna be some that really love their machine.. but.. just be aware that it will cost you alot more to print and the posibility of costly repairs is greater with that machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts