T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody
I use a gx24 to do all my cutting eg: heat transfer vinyl, print & cuts with no problem. I'm using the blade which cam with the machine.

The problem I'm having is when i cut small detailed sign vinyl, the vinyl will lift off the backing and weeding is a mission. however, when doing large signs, it cut & weed perfectly.

Is it the blade ? do i need to buy a new blade? or is it something to do with speed,force etc..?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Fiekyville

·
Registered
996 Posts
Because the "glue" is on the vinyl and not the backing, weeding small details is very hard. I try to stay away from the small stuff with signs. JMO.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It could be that you need a new blade or need to adjust your settings, but it could also be a limitation on the sign vinyl that you are cutting.

Check your carrier sheet to see if the score marks have any broken lines. A broken line will indicate that you are not getting a clean cut.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im using "Grafitack high quality films". Its a 5-7 year vinyl, and my supplier says everyone in the industry uses it. i just cant understand that it cuts well on heat transfer vinyl (wrt small detail).

@chuck - i know the glue is on the vinyl. but i know it can be done, because other people do it.
also, what's the difference between a 45 and 60 blade. i don't understand.

They say that a 60 blade is use for more detailed designs.

Any help pls
Fiekyville

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is just an example of a detailed design. Check the vtec has little lines/stripes... A design like this would lift from the carrier sheet when weeding.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is it lifting during weeding or cutting? If it's lifting during weeding, you might need to increase downforce. If it's coming up during cutting, you might need to reduce downforce. Too much pressure can cause the vinyl to lift slightly putting it closer to the blade, thus cutting too deep and lifting small details.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Could be too much force, I'd try around 80 grams and if you can slow the cutter down a little this may help also, in the end sometimes fine detail is just a pain to cut and weed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll try and slow the machine down. i also tried with 80grams and it didnt cut through the vinyl. that's why i pushed it up to 100/110 grams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts