T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I new to all this. I have a roland gx24 cutter. I'm doing team uniforms and cutting numbers out. I've been working straight from the cutstudio program that came with the cutter. But when I put in the exact number size it cuts it smaller. I've found that the cursor size is the size of number but when I type in a number is types smaller. I've been resizing each number but this is taking forever, there has to be a quicker way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
258 Posts
how much smaller? I have noticed this as well with CutStudio but it's only a quarter inch or so. I just compensate by just increasing the size in the properties (select object and the alt-enter).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm finding that the size difference changes with the size of numbers. The smaller the number the smaller the difference. The bigger the number the bigger the difference. It's not like I could just add 1/2 inch each time.... sometimes it's greater than that and I'm just trying to find out if I'm doing something wrong. I would think I could just plug in the number size and that would be it.... I'm also putting bold numbers behind the smaller front number and still having to resize and refigure sizes. This seems just too complicated for a machine that's suppose to be so easy to use.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't use cut studio much as tool to enter the text or numbers I want to cut. I would suggest using Corel or Illustrator to create the numbers in and then use the cut studio plugin. Corel/Illustrator both will give you more reliable results and the you can just use Cut Studio to cut. However if you don't have those apps then you might be stuck resizing. CutStudio is a free app that is included to get you started. While I haven't used any others there are apps such as Flexi that will provide much more accurate results and features.

I have also used cadworx from stahls(online app) to do my numbering. I find it's actually easier to create 2 color numbers with than Corel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It could be the font you are using. Some fonts fill the cursor/point size better than others.

For example, when you type 'Font' in 1.000" Arial Black:

...the measured height will in reality be 1.016":

Results for numbers can be even worse as many fonts use a larger or smaller number size (in comparison with their text) as part of the font's style.

As mentioned above, I too would suggest picking up Flexi as it gives you much more control over font dimensions (and pretty much everything else).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have run into this many times.I have found it easier to just check the size after converting to outlines and cut from there.For example a 1 inch font may cut at .75 so after changing to outlines just change your height to 1 inch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts