T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of the GX-24 Gurus out there explain to me the difference in the following categories?

Speed: When and why do you adjust the speed? Is it for material types? Incomplete cuts? Intricate cutting?

Blades: Why use 30, 45, 60 degree blades? Material thickness, Intricate cuts?

Pressure Vs Blade extension: I'm assuming that the pressure is how much force the blade is pressing down on the material, but how does that affect how much of the blade is sticking out? Or are these 2 totally irrelevent issues? If the material is thicker, is it better to have the blade sticking out further or the pressure set higher?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks. I was thinking the 60 blade was for more intricate/detailed cutting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found that I get better results on intricate cuts with the 60 degree blade. You might need to adjust the offset a bit with the 60...

How does the offset feature work, and when do you need to use it? I've been using my Gx24 and it's been working fine with different angled blades. How would I know if I need to use that feature(offset)?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
How does the offset feature work, and when do you need to use it? I've been using my Gx24 and it's been working fine with different angled blades. How would I know if I need to use that feature(offset)?
if you are getting rounded corners or not connected corners then the offset needs adjusted. I recommend a .40 offset with the 60 degree blade and a .25 offset with the 45 degree blade. Offset is directly proportional to the angle of blade you are using and how the machine adjusts for the positioning of the tip of the blade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts