T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received and opened my Roland GX-24 this weekend. Starting cutting vinyl within a couple of minutes.

I expected the weeding to be much harder but have had pretty good luck so far. I watched plenty of videos and try to just be patient as I do it. Goes pretty quick on the repeat designs.

1st up were soccer decals. I have several designs that I am going to demo to a local Academy/ Select soccer club.

I also cut some sign vinyl as a demo.

I love the diamond plate vinyl from Specialty Graphics Supply. I put a soccer decal on my truck and already received orders from another dad seeing it.

Last night I cut some Spectra Foil- Holographic from imprintables warehouse and made a promotional shirt that will double as a soccer shirt.

I will attach pics shortly from my work this week.

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can't beat it when things just fall into place with no problems. It took me longer to setup my stand than it did to cut vinyl. Ya gotta love it!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the shirt I did last night using the Spectra Foil-Holographic. That is around a 9x9in soccer ball on an adult large. Other than feeling like I kept leaving fingerprints on it, it was perfect. It did have to be cut in mirror image.

The soccer decals are cut from Specialty Graphics Supply; the silver is diamond plate and the black is carbon fiber. Weeds very easy. No problems. I have cut with 100-130 force with no issues.

I experimented with large number beside the ball and small number inside the ball. So far all 3 orders have wanted the small number inside the ball, which I like better too.

I have others cut with a team name on top and kid name underneath the soccer ball. On a 15in roll I can get 3 wide and 2 tall in 1 foot of vinyl. The diamond plate is a premium vinyl and runs about $4 per ft. The decals are selling at $10 each. Thats $60 per ft of foil used. I can load, cut and weed those 6 in less than 15 minutes.

Love how easy the Cut Studio software has been to use. If you can use paint, you can use it. Even made the mirror image easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One more for inspiration; This was my first press for someone other than myself as practice.

This is the game shirt for my daughter's volleyball team. They used the same shirt last season; however, this year the league is requiring numbers. The team mom had bought white numbers but we figured out that if they were below the ball the officials couldn't see them. Either girls are too short so number would be in shorts or because most of the girls tie a knot in the shirt so bottom is bunched up. I walked into Michaels, bought 2 packs of skinny numbers (the ones I have in stock are too wide), spent about 8 dollars. So far that was all the marketing budget I spent.

I volunteered my services to provide numbers and press for all 9 girls. The team mom asked me to meet with the coach of a Select fast pitch softball club next week. They want team shirts and parent shirts. Possibly decals too. Another parent asked me to look at shirts for his church and bought decals for his soccer team. That $8 dollars was well spent.

My biggest selling factor? I'm not afraid to throw it out there that I am offering services. I am talkative and mention it once any time someone new is around. I leave my folder with decals open on the table at practice when sitting with other parents. I asked for the sale each time. "Would you like me to do X for you? I can customize it for you if you want".

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Adam, So far it has all worked great. My Hotronix Hover Press is starting to get some use now and I am loving the results from this combo. I bought quite a selection of vinyl from imprintables warehouse and look forward to trying it all. Next experiment will probably be with megatallic black. I think I have about 8 more colors or types to try from you guys. The holographic foil was a huge hit with my 10yr old girl and I'm sure there are a few of her original designs in the making. I wore the shirt to practice tonight and got several compliments. On the front I put Company name and simple description. (see pic)

For everyone reading, I should stress that I have zero experience with any of this equipment or the vendors before the last couple of weeks. I was looking for things to compliment a DTG printer (that I dont even own yet) and it is just kinda taking off on its own.

James Walk
940 Digital Tees

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.