T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a couple of probably very stupid questions,

I might be buying a roland gx-24 tomorrow if they have them in stock,

I want to create vinyls to heat press onto t-shirts etc

To start, my designs will be fairly basic, alot of them will just be text, my question is, is the cutter and the provided software (cutstudio i think?) ok for this? Can I design and send it to the cutter and it will do the work. Or do I have to print it out on another printer then put that in the cutter?

if it sends straight to the cutter, is is capable of designs like this

thanks in advance

· Registered
6,970 Posts
You may have to vectorize the logo but you should be in good shape.....

When doing heat press vinyl you have to plan your cuts to get best use of material....I can not tell the size of your design....If you can get 2 wide on 20" material it might take up to 10 lineal inches for 2 copies....If you want multiple copies plastisol heat transfers might be the way to go...15 cent One Color Heat Transfers You just have to make a calculation based on actual size and quantity required....

· Registered
279 Posts
Thanks guys,

That design is just one from google, as an example of the kind of complexivity mine will be.

Will cut studio run on windows 7?

:eek:
Yes, CutStudio will run on Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. There's a ton of videos on youtube if you want to get a feel for it and how it works.

-Dana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.