T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I need some help trying to figure out the setting for a 11x17in 3G opaque transfer paper from Coastal's. If someone could possibly tell me most optimal measurements for the crop marks of this size paper. Also it would be super nice if someone could possibly tell me the down force of the blade also. Thank you in advance! Much appreciation!:)

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I would not begin to suggest a downforce with a cutter I don't use and a paper I don't use but I suggest doing a test cut with the opaque starting at 50g and inch up until you get the cut you want..If you do the test cut along the top/bottom or sides, you can still use the rest to cut smaller items

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not begin to suggest a downforce with a cutter I don't use and a paper I don't use but I suggest doing a test cut with the opaque starting at 50g and inch up until you get the cut you want..If you do the test cut along the top/bottom or sides, you can still use the rest to cut smaller items

Hi Charles,

Would you happen to know where you would put the crop marks for a 11x17in paper at least for the optical eye to register it? I am using the cutstudio plug-in for illustrator cs3 by the way. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Jeff ...sent a PM in response to yours but afraid I am not much help as I have not used a Roland or Cut Studio in over 2 years

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Charles,

Would you happen to know where you would put the crop marks for a 11x17in paper at least for the optical eye to register it? I am using the cutstudio plug-in for illustrator cs3 by the way. Thanks for the help.
Hello Jeff,

To set your registration points, go to File and then Set up the Printer. This is where you'll make sure you have the correct printer selected and the correct paper size. Press ok. Then go to File and Printing Setup. There should be a button that says "Fit in to shared area for printing and cutting". This will put your crop marks out as far as possible without adjusting margins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts