T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are the proud owners of a new roland versacamm vp30i and it is an awesome machine.
I have read through several post on roland htm and have a couple of questions. Rolands web site show they have a heat soft heat transfer material that is new. From the post I have read several of you'll have had issues with roland htm.
Question 1 :Is it this material or an older material that was the problem? From their description it sounds like the htm is better than the invention of tear off toilet paper.
Question 2: The literature says- This product will produce brilliant colorful graphics with a white background on light and dark colored garments. Can you still contour cut your object and weed out the white if you don't want a white background? We are us to working with regular htm that you cut and weed then transfer. Does the same principles apply here?

Any help suggestions on this htm or what to use would be appreciated. We already have an order for 200 tee's with a picture and graphics for the front and would love to use the vp30i instead of ordering from tranfer express.

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you email on Tuesday I will give you a better and lower cost supplier for transfer vinyl.
I thing we do is match the color of the shirt as the background of the transfer , this way we do not need to weed or use transfer tape.
Have fun with you roland, we have three of them and we like them a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just saw this post and don't know if you have tried the HTM 2 or not. We have been using it with our 540 and it works great. Beautiful color and seems to hold up very well with repeated washings. The main issue we have had is trying to contour cut fine pointed lines or graphics. Sometimes the ends tend to curl even before weeding which can cause problems. We have used the method of putting on the transfer mask (we use PTM clear from Roland) and then peeling the back and uncurling the wayward point with a pick then pressing it down on the transfer mask and replacing the backing. This seems to work well but can be an issue if you have lots of these to do. I have told everyone to design accordingly when doing shirts and not create the points if possible. Experimenting with the heat and times will produce very good results as the supplied suggestions are just that. Good luck.

Oh and if this is allowed on this forum, I have found a wonderful forum just for owners of the Versacamm.

MyVersacamm.com - A Digital Printing Network

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new to the vinyl printer cutter world, and even newer to heat transfer material. I use a versastudio bn-20...similar to a versacamm unit but small enough to sit on a table...my minimum gf is 30 as I believe is the case for a versacamm...my question...I am using ESM HTM2 2520 heat soft material and even with the gf set at 30 it cuts all the way through...this makes the process of weeding very difficult...any thoughts on how I can cut out my graphics without cutting entirely through my esm-htm2? This is never the case with regular vinyl..I typically set my gf around 70 for that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts