T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,073 Posts
This particular unit is fairly new and may not be in the used market yet. You might keep an eye on Rolandasd.com and check out their store for refurbs. in any case the most probably place would be from an individual. You might try checking out the user forum at Rolandasd... and post your request there

· Registered
4,158 Posts
I'm looking for a new or barely used Roland EGX-350 or EGX-30 engraver to cut rhinestone templates. Any idea where the best price would be?
Check with Coastal. They are a roland distributor. And as a memeber of the forum you may get a discount.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any thoughts about spending over double for the EGX-350 versus the EGX-30 for low production use? I can get a new 30 for $2100.00. Is the 350 that much easier to use or will it have better resale value in a year?

· Registered
2,346 Posts
Well I cant remember the engraving size of the 30 but I do believe the 350 is a heavier machine and the software is a lot different than the standard dr. engrave and I think for the 350 a new plug in is coming so that different sized holes can be done on one template but if its just low cost the 30 will do just fine

· Registered
4,432 Posts
i got mine from Ordway Sign supply it was 4495. or some such.. but no shipping.. and Ordway is great to work with.. I wouldnt buy from signwarehouse for anything ....lol
I agree with you on not dealing with Signwarehouse. I had terrible customer service from them. I have been waiting for a call back for almost 2 yrs., I guess they could be busy. .... JB

· Registered
8,073 Posts
Roger you are correct that a new piece of software is coming out for the 350 that will make our lives easier. I saw a demo in long beach and I am lurking around to grab it when it debuts...probably around the end of Sep..I think the price will around $300 USD only from roland...

by the way Dr engrave I find to be rather limitiing..

As to doing different sized holes in the same template...it can be done!...I have it figured out and really quite simple..

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Charles, I agree with the dr engrave program being rather limiting..
to me time is money and its so much faster and easier with the engravestudio

the rhinestone pattern making can be done in corel for example.. but It sure would be alot harder lol..

Im still learning these programs altho i have done engraving for years on my old machine.
Im not sure that i would ever use dr engrave now that my engrave studio is working so well.. .. I have done over 1,000 dollars in engraving in the last two days using the engravestudio software.
I thought I had gotten all the engraving done and then got an order for 34 more plaques i need to make tommorow.....
Im looking forward to getting the bit for the rhinestones..

One use that many people dont realize is one that keeps me busy.
In many cities the inspectors require that all meters and electric panels be labeled with engraved plaques, with the address etc.. these are 1 inch by 3 inches with numbers or address and when any work is done on old places or new places the inspectors require these to pass inspection..
I sell these little buggers for 4.50 each.. and do 100's each week..
If you have an engraver find out if they are required in your area.. if they are let the inspectors know you have the capibity to do them.. and let the electricians know that you do them.
they are engraved on the black romar type plastic that when you engrave the letters are white.
you can make over $1,000 on a piece of romar that cost you about 65 dollars..

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Charles , not yet.. as i just got the engraver last week and I am waiting for that bit to come.
I have fiddled in the software though and have a few patterns worked out to engrave as soon as the bit gets here.

Im looking forward to selling both the shirts and the templates and transfers.. .. The engraver seems like a real time saver

· Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for a new or barely used Roland EGX-350 or EGX-30 engraver to cut rhinestone templates. Any idea where the best price would be?
I have one,I only used once during over the phone training, I had great ideas but never got around to using it. I paid 6k from all american about a year ago.make me a offer over $3200.I am in missouri for shipping purposes.

· Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to jump in but I am looking to purchase a Roland engraver. I am currently looking at the EGX-20 mainly because of pricing, however after looking through some of the post I see that you guys have found this one as well as the 30 for a better price than I have found. I would appreciate a heads up.

I am looking to do light engraving.. tags, name plates and some decorator stuff.

Thank you everyone in advance.
Cher

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.