T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Computer Technology Electronic device Cable

For those who have Windows 10 and an old Roland CX-24 they can't use, i come bearing good news.
It IS possible to use it with Windows 10. I can confirm (if someone is interested in how, I could try to make a step-by-step guide). Just send me a msg :)

I used a USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter (New 36 Pin USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter Lead #290 | eBay) and custom Windows 10 drivers made by a guy in Germany (contact him at [email protected]).hey cost EUR 25/USD 28.

This is what's in the software package you get:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

As you can see, there are CAMM-1 drivers for Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), 8 (32 & 64 bit) and 10 (32 & 64 bit), for CX-300, CX-400, CX-500, GS-24, GX-24, GX-300, GX-400, GX-500 and GX-640. It is the GX-24 driver you use for the CX-24.
You also get the Illustrator and CorelDraw plugin for CutStudio, and you also get a full version of CutStudio.
P.S: The Corel plugin will NOT work with CorelDraw Home&Student version. Trust me.

On eBay you can also find cheap blades for the cutting machine: 3PCS 45° Blades Fit for Roland GCC Liyu Redsail Kaxing Vinyl Cutter Cutting | eBay

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 274549
For those who have Windows 10 and an old Roland CX-24 they can't use, i come bearing good news.
It IS possible to use it with Windows 10. I can confirm (if someone is interested in how, I could try to make a step-by-step guide). Just send me a msg :)

I used a USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter (New 36 Pin USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter Lead #290 | eBay) and custom Windows 10 drivers made by a guy in Germany (contact him at [email protected]).hey cost EUR 25/USD 28.

This is what's in the software package you get:
View attachment 274548

As you can see, there are CAMM-1 drivers for Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), 8 (32 & 64 bit) and 10 (32 & 64 bit), for CX-300, CX-400, CX-500, GS-24, GX-24, GX-300, GX-400, GX-500 and GX-640. It is the GX-24 driver you use for the CX-24.
You also get the Illustrator and CorelDraw plugin for CutStudio, and you also get a full version of CutStudio.
P.S: The Corel plugin will NOT work with CorelDraw Home&Student version. Trust me.

On eBay you can also find cheap blades for the cutting machine: 3PCS 45° Blades Fit for Roland GCC Liyu Redsail Kaxing Vinyl Cutter Cutting | eBay
Aloha and thank you for this interesting post!

We have THE SAME problem....

We have an old CX 24 and Windows 10 + this cable:

Sabrent USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter (CB-CN36) Size: parallel

Connector Type USB Type A
Cable Type USB 2.0
Compatible Devices Most USB Compatible Devices
Color Black
Brand SABRENT
  • Supports multiple operation systems
  • IEEE 1284 (Bi-Directional Parallel Interface)
  • Enjoy data transfer rate up to 12Mbps
  • Eliminate manual or automatic parallel switch boxes
  • Simple Plug & Play installation

We have tried to use the (new) Roland GX24 driver, but it does not work.

Can you please help us.

Thank you in advace!!!

Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aloha and thank you for this interesting post!

We have THE SAME problem....

We have an old CX 24 and Windows 10 + this cable:

Sabrent USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter (CB-CN36) Size: parallel

Connector Type USB Type A
Cable Type USB 2.0
Compatible Devices Most USB Compatible Devices
Color Black
Brand SABRENT

• Supports multiple operation systems
  • IEEE 1284 (Bi-Directional Parallel Interface)
  • Enjoy data transfer rate up to 12Mbps
  • Eliminate manual or automatic parallel switch boxes
  • Simple Plug & Play installation

We have tried to use the (new) Roland GX24 driver, but it does not work.

Can you please help us.

Thank you in advace!!!

Alex

Did you get the drivers from the guy in Germany that I mentioned? I know THOSE drivers worked.
If not, could you send me a link to the place where you got the driver? If you got it from Roland website, forget those. They will not work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts