T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a GX-24 cutter for about 9 years, purchased new from The Paper Ranch. My computer that I've used CutStudio on all that time has died. I've looked all over the place, and cannot find my original CD with CutStudio on it. I guess it got lost when I moved.

My GX-24 is now a door stop without the CutStudio software. I've done a lot of searching trying to find some place to download it, but no luck. Roland was no help at all. Anybody have any help or advice?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would have thought that you could download a copy from their website but it sounds like you already tried that. My other suggestion would be to contact a local Roland Dealer close to you to see if they can help you out. If not I might be able to help you as I have a copy and maybe I could make a copy of it. Not sure if I could actually e-mail a copy or not. I am not a computer guru. THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are Cut Studio Plug-Ins for both Corel and Illustrator available on the Roland Support site.
He is right but you don't need those Plug-Ins. I work with Corel and I've been using the GX-24 for over 6 years as a regular printer, printing directly from Corel. try it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are Cut Studio Plug-Ins for both Corel and Illustrator available on the Roland Support site.
I have the plugin's, but without the CutStudio software, they are useless. All the plugin does is output the cutting paths from AI to CutStudio.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the plugin's, but without the CutStudio software, they are useless. All the plugin does is output the cutting paths from AI to CutStudio.
It is not necessary to have the CutStudio software to have the Illustrator Plug-In work. Cut right from Illustrator... on a MAC.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just bought the disk because it was easier than training someone in Corel or Illustrator.Our cutting computer died too.IMHO, they should have it as a download on the site. But Roland is into sales prevention that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rusty - send me a PM and I will try to assist you with the software.
Hi Steve, you couldn't send me a copy too could you. I have a GX-24 and I've mislayed the software in a house move. I didn't give it a second thought until I've renewed my PC and now I'm at a loss. I cant download the software anywhere and Roland aren't any help at all.

I'm totally stuck - I can prove I have the cutter from its serial number etc.

When I try and create an account via https://www.rolanddg.eu/en/applications/cutstudio it says my serial number is invalid however I'm definitely typing it exactly as its shown on the label.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It has to work the same way... create your vectors, no fill color, red or black outline color and print...
I realize this is an ancient thread. I've come from the far distant future to confirm, much to my amazement, that you can actually print to the GX-24 like a regular printer exactly how Zequi24 described. No fill, just black stroke. I set mine to .25pt and hit ctrl+p, adjusted a few settings in the print dialog box and we were off to the races.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts