T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using vectormagic.com to convert images to vector and when I save them as .EPS and try to import them into Cutostudio I get an error stating it's bad format??? I have tried multiple files...

I need the attached in a format that I can cut it out on my gx24...single color

Is there a better free way of making vector files?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
convert to either jpg or bmp and import. Unless you have Illustrator and then your Roland plug in will let you send it directrly from there. You'll have to make sure all text is outlined for it to show up that way.
Heidi

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cut Studio will not let me open an ai or eps file unless i'm in illy and go that way. I just retried to open an eps. I don't get any error or other message but nothng shows up on the grid. I've been either using the link thru illy to open in cut studio or else saving as jpg from photoshop and then importing. If there's a step we're missing maybe you could point it out.
Heidi

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I just did it.....so yes you can do it.

I had saved the eps in my file folder, open cut studio, then import the file. Opening it didnt work like I thought I had orginally done. But importing did.

It should work just fine. Save the file in a folder first, maybe moving it over from where ever you are creating it is an issue.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
With Illustrator, I have run into version problems, and need to sve it down to an older version to import it into CutStudio. That may be the issue, but I am not familiar with VectorMagic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts