T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey There,

We are in the market for a Vinyl Printer / Cutter mostly for decals and tee transfers.

We want to be able to do multi color which is why this caught my eye.

I was just wondering if you new how the ink holds up and if it fades?

A lot of our customers use out decals for outdoor usage. One supplier we currently uses puts a laminate finish on the printed vinyl so that it lasts 4-5 years outdoors.

Do you know if this is possible with this machine and also how the ink/product holds up outdoors?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
you guys are loking at the bn 20 just for tshirt purposes . if thats all you do than i would say its a waste of money i agree with uou. we got it cause we wanted to make uniforms sports jerseys etc. also able to make promotional items, small format signs and magnets is a plus.
we will still use our dtg and sublimation and heat transfers on most of items
Hey there Twistedmonkey! What do you use to do the signs and the magnets on the BN-20? I also have a BN-20 and just have not been brave enough to venture that far. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey There,

We are in the market for a Vinyl Printer / Cutter mostly for decals and tee transfers.

We want to be able to do multi color which is why this caught my eye.

I was just wondering if you new how the ink holds up and if it fades?

A lot of our customers use out decals for outdoor usage. One supplier we currently uses puts a laminate finish on the printed vinyl so that it lasts 4-5 years outdoors.

Do you know if this is possible with this machine and also how the ink/product holds up outdoors?

Thanks for your time!
The ink on the BN-20 will hold up for 2-3 years outdoors without laminating. If you would like it to last 4 - 5 years or longer, adding the laminate will increase the durability. You can definitely print signs with this machine. For magnets, I recommend printing a decal material and then applying that printed decal to the magnet. The magnetic material is too thick to be printed direct and will stick to the metal on the machine as it's feeding through.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What are the advantages of the VersaStudio over Versacamm's which have bigger printing/cutting areas?

Is this more user friendly for newbies?
I don't know that it's that much more user friendly. You still need to know how to assign a cut line. It's not hard, but it requires a very basic design knowledge. I think the advantage is that the BN-20 is a lot less expensive and doesn't require as much space. A BN-20 can be put on a desktop or table. The larger machines require 5 - 6 feet of space.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, was just curious what type of heat transfer material Roland BN20 owners are using? Just recently got ours along with some of the Roland HTM3. It's fine for numbers and smaller logo's but overall I find it way too shiny and plastic looking a full front print. It feels like a fridge magnet strapped onto your shirt too. Just not acceptable for me for a graphic tee. What is everyone else using?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good eye! It was taken at my shop. They brought the BN20 here to go over the installation and do some training. It will be back today for the Versacamm class so maybe we can get some more pictures and a few other points of view on it.
Do you sell the units for Stahls? I'm interested in purchasing one and would feel a whole lot better buying from someone close by (I'm in southern Vermont and it seems your in Clifton Park NY?). Having a Tech within driving distance is a huge plus also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this and need some info please. I have recently bought a BN 20. I printed out the ' Roland Colour System Library' and my problem is that I cant get the colour Red on it. The red in the 100% M and 100%y box is brown. I have done multiple test prints trying different colour settings and I just cant get it right. I'm using the CMYK settings in Illustrator.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.