T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey There,

We are in the market for a Vinyl Printer / Cutter mostly for decals and tee transfers.

We want to be able to do multi color which is why this caught my eye.

I was just wondering if you new how the ink holds up and if it fades?

A lot of our customers use out decals for outdoor usage. One supplier we currently uses puts a laminate finish on the printed vinyl so that it lasts 4-5 years outdoors.

Do you know if this is possible with this machine and also how the ink/product holds up outdoors?

Thanks for your time!
The ink on the BN-20 will hold up for 2-3 years outdoors without laminating. If you would like it to last 4 - 5 years or longer, adding the laminate will increase the durability. You can definitely print signs with this machine. For magnets, I recommend printing a decal material and then applying that printed decal to the magnet. The magnetic material is too thick to be printed direct and will stick to the metal on the machine as it's feeding through.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What are the advantages of the VersaStudio over Versacamm's which have bigger printing/cutting areas?

Is this more user friendly for newbies?
I don't know that it's that much more user friendly. You still need to know how to assign a cut line. It's not hard, but it requires a very basic design knowledge. I think the advantage is that the BN-20 is a lot less expensive and doesn't require as much space. A BN-20 can be put on a desktop or table. The larger machines require 5 - 6 feet of space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.