T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
We have VS-300 instead of BN-20, as it can print some 75 cm rolls, BN-20 cannot, and it is slow...
But with 1 VS-300 we can get 2 BN-20...
By the way , we are in China :)
I was in similar situation like you. I now run 3 BN20s in two different workshops. I can print 2 different media types at once, because my products vary from tshirts, chef hats, jackets, canvas bags etc.

but i wonder, if i use the same ICC profile for both BN20 and VS-300/540/640, will they have the same result?

i am considering on trading in one of my BN20s into a VS so i can print 75 cm rolls and cut jobs quicker.

· Registered
62 Posts
I was in similar situation like you. I now run 3 BN20s in two different workshops. I can print 2 different media types at once, because my products vary from tshirts, chef hats, jackets, canvas bags etc.

but i wonder, if i use the same ICC profile for both BN20 and VS-300/540/640, will they have the same result?

i am considering on trading in one of my BN20s into a VS so i can print 75 cm rolls and cut jobs quicker.
WooHoo, unfortunately the profiles are not transferable as we use BN and the new media we got from APA only supply profiles for the larger machines, however if you can load a machine such as a VS onto your Versaworks you would be able to view the guts of the BN profile and create a new one for the VS using the details. We have done this a few times now.

· Registered
1 Posts
You're best bet would to purchase a versacamm, the main reason I say this is because the price is well withing your budget, you get more bang for your buck. Over time you will spend more money on material with a BN 20 than a larger versacamm and the BN 20 is so slow, lol. I have a versacamm SP-300i, so I'm speaking from experience

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.