T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I have been reading reviews both good and bad for the Roland BN 20. I am looking to add printed transfers, stickers, decals etc to my current embroidery business. Embroidery is my main business -I have 5 embroidery heads, a mimaki CG-60ST cutter and Stahls heat press. I currently source out any stickers, printed decals and transfers.

Looking for recomendations as to what to go for, thought I had it figured out and liked the BN-20 but not so sure now.

I would like to stay under $20,000 CDN (inlcuding start up ink, media). I have ample space, don't think I would want to go bigger than 54"max. I am located in Alberta.

Would like to hear your feedback from equipment, training and service !

Any input/advice as to what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shannon

· Registered
248 Posts
I am thinking the same as you. Looking to expaned with a digital print cut machine but not sure to buy a new BN20 or go used in a larger size. All Graphics Supplies has some used machines for prety much the same price but a bit larger. I like the BN20 for not taking up to much space but also love the idea of the next size up to do more banners ect.
Its not an easy choice to make.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
the BN20 has several different speeds - you need to update Versaworks to get the new print modes. Here is a video showing how they speed things up.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqg7CjGpE1w[/media]

I will agree though, it is very slow compared to other larger (more expensive) printers on the market.

· Registered
41 Posts
I have a Roland BN-20 for sale. I'm located in Georgia. Selling because of family issues. Love this machine I do alot of school T shirts. I think is is great for a small business.
What transfer media did you use that worked best for you? Im still looking haven't been satisfied with what Ive used so far.

Visit www.kreativitees.com and www.getkdm.com

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any new BN 20 users out there (within 2013 ?). I am still wanting to purchase a printer cutter like the price point...still trying to weigh the pros vs cons in comparison to a bigger model. I am located in Western Canada so would love to hear from everyone.

If there are some fellow Canadians who have purchased a machine, supplies, consumables who can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

· Registered
105 Posts
Any new BN 20 users out there (within 2013 ?). I am still wanting to purchase a printer cutter like the price point...still trying to weigh the pros vs cons in comparison to a bigger model. I am located in Western Canada so would love to hear from everyone.

If there are some fellow Canadians who have purchased a machine, supplies, consumables who can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
I own two bn 20s. Haha. Ppl ask why didnt i just buy one vp. Thats because with two bn20 i can do multiple oneoffs no problem and fast! I can do two different medias printing all at the same time.

If you use very thin PU materials than it will have no different feel compared to screenprinted products.

I use siser, the durability is awesome. You dont need to worry about not pretreating your garment correctly because printing dark garments are just easy as white garments. I own a dtg myself.. so i know the pain of achieving good results on dark garments.

The printer is very easy maintain..it prints 1000 consistently easy.

Sent from my LG-D802 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
40 Posts
I was also considering the BN20, but after i looked more around i found Mimaki cjv30-60. It have a small price, small footprint (importent for me) same speed as the bigger ones and solvent ink. Its a real heat transfer machine.

Erik

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

· Registered
105 Posts
I was also considering the BN20, but after i looked more around i found Mimaki cjv30-60. It have a small price, small footprint (importent for me) same speed as the bigger ones and solvent ink. Its a real heat transfer machine.

Erik

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app
Mimaki is good too. But for heat transfer i would want the best image quality possible. And i see that better in Roland. Plus bn is very easy to operate.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi. we have a Veloci-Jet XL, but we are interested in expanding our tshirts into vinyl for several reasons. Question: for an image 14" X 16", what is the cost of the vinyl (transfer)do you source vinyl only from Roland?, approximate ink cost and what is your production time for one shirt? How automated is the system, can we produce dozens of transfers at once to apply to shirts later? Also, are you having any problems finding vinyl to print on that is only 20" wide? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
105 Posts
Hi. we have a Veloci-Jet XL, but we are interested in expanding our tshirts into vinyl for several reasons. Question: for an image 14" X 16", what is the cost of the vinyl (transfer)do you source vinyl only from Roland?, approximate ink cost and what is your production time for one shirt? How automated is the system, can we produce dozens of transfers at once to apply to shirts later? Also, are you having any problems finding vinyl to print on that is only 20" wide? Thanks in advance.
hi, the vinyl cost depends on your area and the brand. which also affects the overall quality. The ink cost will be the cheapest part of the printing. Production times vary depending on the 'cutting' part of the job. If you seek to boost production time, then simply print then cut on a different machine. it is possible to print designs then store it for later use.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.