T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHICH IS BEST AND WHY?

what i would like to use it for is to do t-shirts transfers and also hobby type of stuff..cards and sticker making type of stuff etc...

what about the transfer paper cutting limitations the goods and the bads...

i read somewhere that a rolands Stika 15" only accepts B4 and A4 papers and that Robo Craft pro only does A3 paper is this true? because i gets confused because i dont know what size paper any of them really are by the letters & number? so how would i know what size transfer paper to use in either one of these cutters?

The SV-15 accepts 12- or 15-inch media and cuts up to 13.3 inches wide..........SO do this mean that i cant use/put any size paper smaller then 11" or 12" wide into it........

and that the paper has to also only be size 12 " or exactly 15" to fit so no in between sizes will fit?

WHICH IS BETTER OVER ALL FOR EVERY USES POSSIBLE...T-SHIRTS AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF HOBBYS OUTSIDE OF THE T-SHIRT BIZ ALSO?

Robo Craft 2 pro

Graphtec CE5000-40-CRP 15" Craft ROBO PRO Vinyl Cutter - CE5000-40-CRP

Graphtec Craft ROBO Pro - Professional Craft Cutter

Roland 15" StiKa

Weekly Special! Roland 15" StiKa SV-15 Vinyl Cutter with CutStudio software. - SV-15

http://www.studica.com/products/product_detail.cfm?productid=10042

· Registered
1,240 Posts
The craftrobo pro can contour cut while the Stika SV-15 does not.
As for the width it means that thats the maximum these plotters can cut ie. from approx 3" to 15".
Sorry dont know anything about inkscape but I,m sure someone else will advise better.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The craftrobo pro can contour cut while the Stika SV-15 does not.

Roland SV-15 Stika Features:

Easy to Use
Making professional-looking graphics is a snap with the StiKa SV-15. Simply design your graphics with bundled Roland CutStudio software, peel away the excess vinyl, and apply. It's that easy. You can even contour cut printed graphics using your desktop printer and the StiKa driver.

Print/Cut Solution
In addition to cutting vinyl and other materials, the new StiKa SV-15 makes an easy-to-use and cost-effective print/cut solution. Users print registration marks with their desktop printer, load the printed graphic into the cutter, send the file to the StiKa SV-15 and it contour cuts the graphics. It's perfect for creating colorful T-shirt graphics, stickers and more.

· Registered
2,025 Posts
What I've read about the Stika contour cutting is possible with the Stika, much easier with the CR PRO. The main difference between the contour cotting cutting abilities is, the CR has the optic eye (A.R.M. ) Where the Stika doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.