T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i have print the RN# on the t shirt if i relabel it? and do i have to get my own RN# or can i use the one that comes on the tshirt?

thank you

birddog

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
birddog1030 said:
do i have print the RN# on the t shirt if i relabel it?
RN or full legal company name: RN is generally shorter :)

birddog1030 said:
and do i have to get my own RN# or can i use the one that comes on the tshirt?
You don't have to get your own, you can just use the one that comes with the t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jdr8271 said:
So is what your saying is that if someone decides to have t-shirts manufactured they dont actually need an RN#...they can just put their full company name on the tag. Is this correct. thanks
That's correct.

From the FTC:

"textile labels must identify either the company name or Registered Identification Number (RN) of the manufacturer, importer, or another firm marketing, distributing, or otherwise handling the product. [...] You may use an RN instead of a name to satisfy the labeling requirement. Note: An RN is not required in order to do business in the U.S."

"If you use a company name the name must be the full name under which the company is doing business. This is the name that appears on business documents, such as purchase orders and invoices. It cannot be a trademark, trade name, brand, label, or designer name — unless that name is also the name under which the company is doing business."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts