T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a question for colin. I was wondering if you or any rjet users have printed on canvas? If so is there a special pretreat using resolute inks on canvas? What is the largest print area on the rjet5?

·
Registered
837 Posts
This might be a question for colin. I was wondering if you or any rjet users have printed on canvas? If so is there a special pretreat using resolute inks on canvas? What is the largest print area on the rjet5?
Hi Zag,

Yes we have customers who print canvases on the R-Jet 4 & 5. We offer a standard insert to enable canvas printing or we can laser cut any size template to fit the standard platen.

You can use the Resolute Light shirt pre treatment & the Resolute Polyester pre treatment for printing onto just about any brand of canvas.

The max print area is 375 x 600mm using the XL platen, this max area platen also converts to print two shirts at the same time.
The R-Jet 6 has a max print area of 950mm x 1500mm

Hope this answers your questions :)

Regards

Colin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good. I have been talking to Jay and have made up my mind after a couple years of research that the R-jet 5 is the way I'm going. What are the main differences in the R-jet 6? This won't make the 5 obsolete will it?

The main things I love about the R-jet 5 and why I have chosen to go this route, is the reliability of it compared to a lot of dtg printers out there. Another thing I think is a great feature on it is the shirt boxes and ease of use with them. Especially for printing hoodies and zip hoodies. Hoodies are a huge part of our business and I have seen many dtg printers struggle with platen height and making sure there are no head strikes on hoodies. The R-jet 5 is just load and print. Production wise the box also seems as if it makes the most sense. Have one box printing and another box loaded ready to go when the first one gets done. Then repeat. As easy as that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ok sounds good. I have been talking to Jay and have made up my mind after a couple years of research that the R-jet 5 is the way I'm going. What are the main differences in the R-jet 6? This won't make the 5 obsolete will it?

The main things I love about the R-jet 5 and why I have chosen to go this route, is the reliability of it compared to a lot of dtg printers out there. Another thing I think is a great feature on it is the shirt boxes and ease of use with them. Especially for printing hoodies and zip hoodies. Hoodies are a huge part of our business and I have seen many dtg printers struggle with platen height and making sure there are no head strikes on hoodies. The R-jet 5 is just load and print. Production wise the box also seems as if it makes the most sense. Have one box printing and another box loaded ready to go when the first one gets done. Then repeat. As easy as that.
The 6 is mainly designed for flat fabric hence the huge size. It is not a replacement for the 5 don't worry. Glad you like it, let me know if you want any further information.

Regards

Colin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Colin. Your dealer Jay here in the US has been great, and has given me all the info I need. Hopefully will be securing our printer first of next week, and look forward to being part of club resolute. I hope this printer really catches on in the US. The reliability and simplicity of this machine is great.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Thanks Colin. Your dealer Jay here in the US has been great, and has given me all the info I need. Hopefully will be securing our printer first of next week, and look forward to being part of club resolute. I hope this printer really catches on in the US. The reliability and simplicity of this machine is great.
Zaq,

I just sent some pictures of printed zippered hoodies to you, printed on the R-Jet 5 as you requested.

Please feel free to call me in the office if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the vote of confidence:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts