T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I would like to ask if are there any users of Rjet 5i? It's new model and there is no too much info.

It's time to replace my old printer and it is one of the options, but i need to know all pros and cons before i'll make my decision.

Rjet 5i users please share your opinions and experience.

Best regards

· Registered
109 Posts
I would also be interested in users experience of this machine as I'm planning to move into DTG and have been looking into this machine. I'm going to visit the Resolute stand at the Printwear exhibition in a couple of weeks time (in the UK).

· Registered
671 Posts
Not got one myself but at P&P they're selling for just shy of £10k inc pre-treat and heat press, I paid around that 3yrs ago for the 5 with no heat press and no pre-treat so looks like a good deal, based around the Epson P800

· Registered
36 Posts
Hey,

I recently purchased one about 10 days ago. It's my first DTG machine so going through the learning curve. A few teething problems, hopefully these will be sorted soon. So far a good investment but like most things only time will tell.

Thanks

· Registered
34 Posts
Hey,

I recently purchased one about 10 days ago. It's my first DTG machine so going through the learning curve. A few teething problems, hopefully these will be sorted soon. So far a good investment but like most things only time will tell.

Thanks
Hello,

How is going your experience with R-jet 5i printer. Do you recommend buying this printer? or do you have of problems with white ink?

Thanks,

· Registered
109 Posts
Hello,

How is going your experience with R-jet 5i printer. Do you recommend buying this printer? or do you have of problems with white ink?

Thanks,
I've had mine for about 3 months. It's my first DTG so I'm still learning. I've not had any problems with white ink and my prints look good to me and also to my customers as I've not had any complaints. I follow the simple start up and shutdown maintenance routines and my print head test patterns are usually perfect. I print at least a few items most days but have left the machine switched off for 2 days when I was away and the white test pattern was perfect after the normal start up procedure.

· Registered
8 Posts
I too have this DTG Printer, A few teething problems to start with..But everything was sorted with Resolute by email / phone...

Still a learning in progress for me...But everyone thats had t-shirts from me have bee impressed so far..

Hopefully start doing hoodies etc now..

· Registered
868 Posts
I too have this DTG Printer, A few teething problems to start with..But everything was sorted with Resolute by email / phone...

Still a learning in progress for me...But everyone thats had t-shirts from me have bee impressed so far..

Hopefully start doing hoodies etc now..
Hi,

Don’t forget when you start to print hoodies to open the garment and load it over the board. If you load them like a t shirt with both layers of fabric it will be to thick and catch in the printer.

You might need a separate queue depending on the brand of hoodie which puts a little more white down as some can be quite absorbant. If you need any help drop me a message here, happy to login and make the queue for you if you need it.

Regards

Colin

· Registered
8 Posts
What you mean a few teething problems to start with?
The box wouldn't load,
This was at Christmas time 23rd December, Resolute were closed for the holidays.. But Colin went to work to get a replacement box sent to me asap.. and it was Delivered on the 28th December.. So good service from them..

Like all new products there's gonna be teething problems..

But I'm back up and running again...And the customers are happy with the print achieved on the machine..

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Don’t forget when you start to print hoodies to open the garment and load it over the board. If you load them like a t shirt with both layers of fabric it will be to thick and catch in the printer.

You might need a separate queue depending on the brand of hoodie which puts a little more white down as some can be quite absorbant. If you need any help drop me a message here, happy to login and make the queue for you if you need it.

Regards

Colin
cheers Colin, Done one today.. happy with the result..

Now to do a 50/50 blend.. should be trying blends later this week..

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I bought one of these recently and I am not very impressed so far.

There has been allot of other ongoing issues which I wont go into now ,

I have a question ( I am new to DTG to add ) but I been in the garment printing business for over 15 years. ( Screen print , sublimation and roland print and cut ) And have followed resolutes training down to a "T"

This issue I have is , I cannot seem to get a decent white print on this printer on any colour shirt , The white always looks washed out and bitty, is there such a thing as a vibrant white on DTG?

I have tried printing in the white only que 1440 x 1440 dpi on the rip that they setup and that is a bit stronger but still not acceptable,

Also I have tried a graphic with white text below and although the graphic part looks good enough, the white text always looks bitty or faded. Can you guys take a look at the attached text closeups and tell me if this is normal for DTG ?

To add I have a the Viper XPT-1000 and the above text you see has been printed on their own resolute pre treated t shirts just to rule out the pre treatment stage. I have also pressed these ( 50 seconds press 165 degrees, med pressure )

Attachments

· Registered
671 Posts
Your image links are broken but yes you should be able to get vibrant whites, if you're using the RTP shirts and pressing before printing and still not getting joy then as you say that eliminates the pre-treat side of things.

Have you called Resolute and got them to dial into your rip just to check the settings?

· Registered
868 Posts
Your image links are broken but yes you should be able to get vibrant whites, if you're using the RTP shirts and pressing before printing and still not getting joy then as you say that eliminates the pre-treat side of things.

Have you called Resolute and got them to dial into your rip just to check the settings?
I have this morning pointed Brian to two other forums showing the exact issue he is reporting. We are also calling in to run a couple of tests for diagnosis. Pin holes in white ink with DTG are common but not impossible to eliminate. Mostly caused by a combination of either pre-tretament and fabric quality which you don't take into account with screen printing or transfer printing. It is not a printer problem more of a process tweak between different products.

Brian Walker from Image Armor is the expert on this, as you are using Image Armor inks the best forum to visit is the Image Amor Technical Support I sent to you.

Regards

Colin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.