T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought dtg kiosk with rip pro software,I am 4th owner went to validate software and it says software only allows 3 validations. has anyone had this problem? do I have to by new software or pay a fee for a 4th validation. not sure what to do now.
tshirtguy2006

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I would call the DTG Digital distributor and speak with them. You can always have the previous owner(s) to unvalidate their software and it will put an activation code back into the account. I do know that they are selling an upgrade that will give you a new product code (and 3 activation codes) and the new Print From application. Not sure what the cost is though. Just a couple of options for you to try out.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Mark is right, you should be able to call and get the validations from the previous owner removed and get replacement validation codes. I would register with the dtgamerica forum and ask fred there, he is the one that helped me with validation problems one time. The three validations is in to regards that the software can be used on three computers. So if you are the only one with a computer hooked up to it, then you should be able to have the previous validations reversed, and have them issue you a new number.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Technically the software is sold as a single user license. The three validations are, in essence, three virtual dongles. Generally licenses on software are non-transferrable unless the entire business entity is sold. Because of the additional validations (idea is to prevent a user being down should a computer crash, not neccesarily for intallation of 3 different computers) you do get a bit more mileage out of the RIP than you would out of a software package with a dongle. I would suggest that you contact the DTG distributor in your area and find out your options.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
95 Posts
We had this problem this weekend we used up all 3 validations and we are the second owners of the software.We contacted swf in tampa and paid 150.00
and got 3 more validations.I hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts