T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any suggest a good printer that will do Half tones without having to buy a program like fastrip? If you post an ebay auction I will love you forever. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Will an Epson R1800 work with a third part postscript sofeware. What is recommend for CorelDraw V12? That will not break the bank and is good for a newbe? Or what is a good package to start off with if not Epson?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Not sure what you mean by break the bank. Most RIPs for that size are around $500 to $600 I believe. Here are some things to consider when looking at RIPs:

- Does the RIP come pre-loaded with the density curve for one type / brand of film or multiple brands? If just one, how hard is it for you to adjust the settings to work with other types of film?

- Is it a Print-To or a Print-Through RIP? In other words, can you print directly from Corel / Photoshop / Illustrator / ... to the RIP (i.e. Print-To) or do you have to save the file, open the RIP, bring in the file and then print (i.e. Print-Through)?

- Can you also set your halftone settings (frequency, angle, shape,...) in Corel or another graphic software and they will be used or do you set those settings in the RIP? Having the settings in the graphic file makes it a little easier for having to reburn film if necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts