T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Ring spun cotton makes the t-shirt feel much softer to the touch. That's why Hanes beefy tee t-shirts feel softer than most other shirts.

I try to use ring spun cotton t-shirts whenever possible. Not all manufacturers use it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Spaceman.... I asked you this in another thread but you didn't respond or see it. Is the Jerzee ZT at least 6oz? And why was it better than the Beefy-T? Where is it made?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am happy to answer anyone's question if I can but I didn't see yours.

The ZT tag says made in Honduras. It is my opinion that the ZT just feels softer than the Beefy-T. I found them to be least expensive thru ssactivewear.com.

Here is the official data:

Double-needle stitched neckline shoulders armholes cuffs and bottom hem
Fashionable 1" rib collar
Pre-shrunk 100% combed ringspun cotton 6.0 ounce heavyweight
Shoulder to shoulder taping
Adult: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks Spaceman!

BTW... would you mind posting a picture of the ZT tag for me?

I ordered a Jerzee ZT from another supplier and they sent me one but it doesn't say ZT on the tag. Just curious to see if they sent me the wrong one.

MAN do I hate buying samples! I've spent over $50 buying samples and I'm STILL not happy with any of them yet.

A 7oz ring spun, pre-shrunk, 100% cotton tee in a wide variety of colors from S-4XL, MAde in USA, and about $3 each would be my dream shirt!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
A 7oz ring spun, pre-shrunk, 100% cotton tee in a wide variety of colors from S-4XL, MAde in USA, and about $3 each would be my dream shirt!
You might be able to get that if you're willing to buy in bulk (like 5000 plus) quantities.

Otherwise, that's pretty unrealistic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone used a heat press on Ringspun cotton t-shirts? Any color bleeding? or problems with any type of transfer?
I am considering shifting over to Ringspun to up my quality, raise the
retail and get a better gross.:)

Ron
Oldsaltsailor

·
Registered
828 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there should be no problem with ringspun, as long as you don't overpress, same as any other shirt. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

I bougth a ring spun cotton t-shirt ( the model is 101F LADIES’ CREW
NECK FITTED TEE - and you can see it on page 23 in [media]http://jerzeescolours2009.russelleurope.com/Portals/_default/Brochures/2009/JerzeesColours2009_en.pdf[/media] ) and i'm having troubling on heat pressing the siser ps-film material.

i have no trouble in a men t-shirt from a diferent brand (regular cotton)
i pressed 160º - 20 seconds
i tried diferent degrees and times, and the film doesn't stick

can you please help me?.
does this kind of t-shirt have any incompatible treatement that can not be used whit siser heat press material?

Thanks a lot!

Cláudia
Portugal

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
does this kind of t-shirt have any incompatible treatement that can not be used whit siser heat press material?
Ringspun is just a form of yarn processing. It creates better yarn, but the only physical difference is that it uses longer, stronger, more even strands. There's no chemical processing involved.

It's possible that any given specific ringspun shirt will have additives, or chemical processing to make it softer, etc. But there's nothing inherent in the ring spinning process that should cause problems with any decoration method.

If there's a problem with the shirt itself, it's something else the manufacturer did to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you recommend a similar t-shirt for women like the one i refer but from another brand, that for sure works with siser film?

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts