T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am very new to embroidery I haven't had this machine that long. I am trying to stitch these winter hats and I keep running into the same issue with a part of the design missing. It keeps happening in the same 2 spots. I even re-digitized the file. Does anyone know what can be done? Thanks

Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Material property Automotive exterior
Sleeve Shorts Cap Bag T-shirt

Hood Blue Azure Automotive design Purple

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think what's happening on the big fill area is that the machine starts from the right & works to the left some, jumps to the left & works towards the right, supposedly meeting in the middle. but if you look closely at the knit lines in the fabric, they are distorting. the stiches are pushing out a bit & leaving a gap. knits can be a PITA! a couple of things to try: use 2-3 layers of stabilizer; make your underlay stronger by making it a lattice (2 direction) instead of 1 direction, see if you can back down on the density of your tatami/top fill (not anorexic, letting the fabric show, but not bulletproof); try changing the angle of the fill. in theory, if you change the sewing sequence to go directly from 1 side to the other you'd stop this middle gap, but your item might grow in size & distort. also, you might want to resequence the design by doing the big M first, then the steil outline. right now you've got underlay hanging out on the left & the gap is uneven or missing on some parts. some programs you can adjust pull & push comp (but i've never figured it out). also a bit of solvey on top would keep the stitches up out of the nooks & crannies of the knit. last desperate option. add a fill block that bridges the gap. good luck!

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
What are you sewing on? It looks like a knit beanie. Is that right? If not, it still looks knit. For those I use a fusable backing and fuse it first to stabilize the design and solvy on top. I also use my normal stabilizer under the design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts