T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ive owned my DTG printer for about 2 weeks now. Its kept in its ideal humidity. I have got some great prints however today after the machine ran a CMYKWW cleaning, white has stopped printing. My white ink cartridge levels are both 14% and 20%. Both white inks feel extremely empty however they do still say 14 and 20% ink levels. I know my yellow and black were still atleast printing something when they were on low ink levels. My new inks wont be here until tuesday for me test, does anyone know what could be wrong? I apologize in advance as I am new to DTG but I am trying my best to learn and understand these machines. Thank you in advance to the kind hearted people on this site that help out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like you are out of white ink. the factory chips are only a calculated estimation of ink you should have left. they usually show empty before you actually are.
on the ri3000 and ri6000 machines, you don't ever want to run out of white ink because it is soooo hard to get the air out of the lines due to the white ink recirculation system.
i have cut the lids back on some factory cartridges so I can actually see and feel how much ink I have left. I also run dupont and kodak ink made for these ricoh dtg printers for much less $$$. I also use a chip eliminator I found on ebay to remove the cartridge chip errors and nagging screens when using non-factory ink cartridges (buy the bag and reuse the hard plastic shell. I just watch them visually and the printer thinks my cartridges are 100% full all the time :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts