T-Shirt Forums banner

Ricoh Af�cio GXe3300N for sublimation

1948 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  davewillsave
Ricoh Afício GXe3300N for sublimation

Greetings, i have the opportunity to acquire one Afício GXe3300N with inks and paper for sublimation, what i wanna know is, what you think about this printer? it is a good starter or not? the price i found it, is more or less 140us, it haves 10 prints on it.

What you prefer? epson r1400 or Afício GXe3300N

Regards from Portugal
Rogério
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Re: Ricoh Afício GXe3300N for sublimation

I have two epson 1400s but never did use them for sublimation. after reading all the reports of clogs i bought the ricoh 3300. had it 6 months or so and sold hundreds of items with not a single problem. clogs or otherwise. great printer.
Reactions: 1

The Ricoh 3300 in my opinion is a very good printer for sublimation, I,ve had mine for 8 months and no problems with it at all. We use it here and there. Sometimes every day, sometimes we go a week with out using it and it works every time. Most definitely worth every penny not to have to worry about it clogging up and all the other hassles that come with some other brands. With how cheap they print, it is easy to pay off.
Reactions: 1

Greetings, i have the opportunity to acquire one Afício GXe3300N with inks and paper for sublimation, what i wanna know is, what you think about this printer? it is a good starter or not? the price i found it, is more or less 140us, it haves 10 prints on it.

What you prefer? epson r1400 or Afício GXe3300N

Regards from Portugal
Rogério
If Epson suggest the 1100 model.

For the Ricoh suggest you read the defective Ricoh threads which can be found here.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sublimation/t176950.html#post1047905

I have had Epson's since the very beginning of being able to use them for sublimation, if you make a effort to print often enough clogging and banding is minimized.

The Ricoh's are great for Dye Sub. I have been running mine for 2 years without issue.

I have left it sitting for months, and the heads do not clog up.

The sawgrass ink is very expensive though.

David
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.