T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very big nylon bag that I am wanting to rhinestone the top flap. It is a very expensive bag (over $100) and I am nervous about ruining it with the heat press.

Can anyone tell me if this can be done. And what heat temp do you suggest? The outside is nylon. I would put the top flap on the heat press. Underneath the flap on the inside of the bag is a net pocket and a slick lining.

I am posting a few pictures of the bag so you can get a better idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It worked. I did several bags tonight. I did have to heat press a couple a second time as not all the stones stuck the first time, but I ran my fingernails over them and they are stuck. I'm sure if I sat and picked at them, I could get them off, but that goes the same for shirts too. We'll see how they hold up. One was for my daughter so I'll be able to personally test it. I heated for 325 degrees for about 12 seconds.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Many have tested rhinestones on various nylon items and long term they do not stay on. The recommended materials need to be porous to absorb the glue when it melts. With nylon the glue sets on top and eventually lefts away from the item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.