T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to do my rhinestones by hand so never had this issue until now, when i try to peel my hotfix paper off my template no matter how i do it the rhinestones are flicking off, is there any way to stop this before i give up totally:confused:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
It also has to do with the type of tape you are using,like others have said, if it is acrylic, it has always gave me trouble. I like silicone much better. Try baby powder on your templates, if you are using Hartco or any other rubber type material. Just my opinion.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone:)

Tape is super sticky, so much so that its difficult to actually pull of the template which is why they are flicking off, pull too hard and they get flicked, pull too slow and you cant get it off:rolleyes:
Its the green Hartco i "think", we cant get sticky flock here apparently, we are actually quite limited to what we can get hold off as a lot of places will not ship here (UK):(
I shall give all ideas a go:D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Are you adhering the template to a firm surface such as foam core board and then filling the holes? Then lay the tape over the template, gently press to make sure the stones stick to the tape, and then pull the tape off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you adhering the template to a firm surface such as foam core board and then filling the holes? Then lay the tape over the template, gently press to make sure the stones stick to the tape, and then pull the tape off.
That is exactly what i am doing, its just the tape is super hard to lift off the template and it resists you pulling them jerks forward which is making some of the stones flip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that this really shouldn't be a recurring issue for you. Have you tried more than one type of transfer paper? We sell a light and regular tack, neither of which have caused and issues, but it's all pretty standard stuff.
Bit harder to get supplys here in the UK, i have tried 2 different suppliers so far though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.