T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been asked if i can make Rhinestone Window clings,,, Who knows anything about these?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
charles. I am researching this right, now, actally testing untill i can find something that works,, if you have played with this anymore , let me know as well. and if i hit something that works, i will let all know,, like I always do,,lol:p

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I saw one yesterday on the back of a van when leaving the mall. A quick search and a few came up on ebay and of course China manufacturers. I was not able to find any info on how it is done so Sandyjo & Charles if you run across something please update us on it.

Thanks,
Katrina

·
Registered
911 Posts
how about self adhering stones on the cling and you wont have to worry about heat..but i wonder if the weight may affect the cling clinging to a window.
wow, this is over a year old..did you find a solution?

·
Registered
49 Posts
HI GUYS
hope this mail meet u all well. I got the macro from macromonster dat com its working fine for me at this point but when it was time to print it my cutter was just going mad ,it wasnt cutting in circle and that was a first. it was just going in lines all over the page i set it to. i use a Redsail 450mm vinyl cutting. also i try cutting it with corel and winpcsign same results. can anyone help

regards
wola

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
HI GUYS
hope this mail meet u all well. I got the macro from macromonster dat com its working fine for me at this point but when it was time to print it my cutter was just going mad ,it wasnt cutting in circle and that was a first. it was just going in lines all over the page i set it to. i use a Redsail 450mm vinyl cutting. also i try cutting it with corel and winpcsign same results. can anyone help

regards
wola
I was looking at this macro but needed more info before I purchased it. I emailed Jeff to ask questions about it but have not gotten a reply. Maybe you can tell me. What I want to know is once you hit fill, can you resize the objects, and can you adjust one shape or will all of them move a once? I watched the video but did not see this covered. When I fill a shape, I want to make sure that I can adjust the pattern if I need to.

Thanks for your help.

Katrina.

By the way I hope your were referring to the Super Fill macro.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys this is what i have been doing,
If you are going to glue them on which i have been doing, with gem tac, on the window cling, you have to make sure and leave lots of extra window cling material,,
the stones are raised, and wont let the cling make contact with the window, so you have to cut it double if not triple the size so it can make contact and not be so heavy for the cling to grab..
I just keep my designs simple for windows,,
I hope this helps untill we all figure out another application,
MMM

·
Registered
461 Posts
Monkey,

When you say window cling, are you talking about those window decals for the car windows that have a kid's name and their sport? The ones on the back of every Suburban and minivan in town?

If that's the same thing you're talking about, I would love to have one of those with my company name on the back of my car with rhinestones on it.

I would love to learn how to do that......

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:)leap,
Are talking about the sticky window clings for cars,, houses,, anything glass,,,

when we do something like this, we have to keep it simple or the weight of the stones will not let the cling hold up because of the weight,,

so get good window cling,

this is not vinyl,,, but window cling

Now if you put your vinyl out side the window, you could glue the stones to the outside of the vinyl,,
application would be tricky to get bubbles out, but with a popsickle stick, i think it could work,,
if some one gets a chance before i do to try this let us know,, this would eliminate the cling..

I hope I am not confusing you guys
MMM:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sandy Jo,

I am interested in doing the window decals with rhinestones. How you doing it and what material do I need? I have a breast cancer dinner next weekend and thought it would be neat to have some there. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tricia

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I finally got close enough yesterday to a rhinestone window cling. It was of an apple given to a bunch of teachers. It was actually made with acrylic rhinestones which are much lighter than glass rhinestones and were glued on to the window cling. I now see how using acrylic stones keeps from weighting down the cling and it sticks to the window very well. I placed it on and off several times just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HI,
Yes,, flatback rhinestones are used and i glue then straight onto the cling,, I have used glass, and it is heavier,, than the acrylic, but the sparkle you get from the glass, is worth getting good cling,,
Have fun,, someting like a breast cancer ribbon should be fine using small glass stones,, Have fun

·
Registered
600 Posts
DAS gave a webinar and they showed some examples of this type of decal. Contact them for more info.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
DAS gave a webinar and they showed some examples of this type of decal. Contact them for more info.

I heard about it a month or so ago, but you have to have their system to get it, some of us use other systems.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Your probably do need their system. I was told you can't even buy rhinestone supplies from them unless you have their system.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:):)Most Vinyl suppliers have the window cling,,
i just use a craft glue with a thin nozzle, so i dont get glue all over

·
Registered
7 Posts
So do you just use the mylar tape to take out of template and then put glue on back of rhinestones and then place on cling. I assuming you stick cling to inside of window not the back of the window. Is that correct?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts