T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

One of the newbie's here again. How do you apply rhinestone transfer designs to burnout t-shirts using a heat press?

I have already destroyed one shirt and I have searched the threads but haven't found anything that specifically answers this question.

Thanks Again for your help. :(:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you using Centigrate or Fahrenheit 180 degree C=356 degree F.I made this mistake when I first started fortunately I was using test scraps

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all of the replies. My mistake was not placing a sheet inside of the shirt. I was unsure if simply placing a sheet in between the shirt would be enough since I had all of the glue seeping through the back an onto the base of my press.

The one that was ruined has glue on the inside of the shirt all the way through the back and I had to pull it apart because it was a large transfer. (I will remember this mistake. :()

I have done another transfer on a burnout t and it worked out just fine.

Thanks again to all that replied.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hello All,

One of the newbie's here again. How do you apply rhinestone transfer designs to burnout t-shirts using a heat press?

I have already destroyed one shirt and I have searched the threads but haven't found anything that specifically answers this question.

Thanks Again for your help. :(:confused:
Glad you got it figured out, I just finished pressing 150 burnouts and this is what I always do for Burnouts.

For black burnouts I lower my time by 5 secounds

I always place a object inside the shirt to catch the extra glue seepage as well as cover the top of the burnout with a protective sheet as well.

The Rhinestuds will have the most glue seepage as those lil cups are totally filled with clear glue and when that metal heats up and warms up that glue,, it flowes, like crazy.

Make sure when you use rhinestuds to check the insert that goes inside the tshirt so you are not putting it back in the shirt with glue on it to heat up again.

I use a mr easer white blue block to get rid of the glue on a teflon sheet each time i press, just do a nice lil pass over your teflon, or other product, to make sure you are not putting a object back in the shirt with glue on it.

Burnouts can be the most delicate but some of the most beautiful and these are in extreme high demand for us this summer.

Go slow and have fun.
Sandy jo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts