T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
I do all my crystals at 325 - 15 secs. take a cloth and rub the stones down while hot , remove the paper and then give the press another 15 secs. My press does not give poundage for pressure but it is marked at 7 1/2

I only use Swarvoski stones and this proceedure works for me. Have neve rhad one come off

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Here's our instructions:

Rhinestone Transfers - Application Instructions
8.Set temperature at 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
Set pressure at medium to heavy.
Remove the white plastic backing from the transfer.
Place the transfer face up on the fabric.
Cover the transfers with a cloth.
Press for 8 to 10 seconds.
Let cool for several minutes and slowly peel off the plastic.
Press again directly on the design for 5 seconds.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed:
Do you recommend to use Teflon sheet beneath (inside t-shirt) and above rhinestone? I've been doing that and having a problem of color wash-off on t-shirt the entire contact area of heat plate with t-shirt.
I use Insta (automatic) machine and temperature is set at 370F press for 12 sec.

· Registered
450 Posts
If you are experiencing discoloration at 370 (which is not all that hot, lots of papers require 400) I wonder if your press is not accurate. I would check the temp with a tester to be sure. I used to press rhinestones at 350 for 10 secs, but if I am running transfers with stone accents, I will press them at 400 for like 7 secs and peel cold.

· Registered
660 Posts
I put a teflon sheet over the crystals but not in the shirt. But I don't use just t-shirts I use a hi grade long sleeve womans top- The heat discolors the black and red a little but once it cools off it goes back to normal

· Registered
8,807 Posts
When pressing rhinestones, I think your temp is too high...I use only 325 or so for 10-12 seconds. and yes sally is correct that the heat will cause a bit of fading of the color of red/black but after it cools it is okay..and I also do not put a teflon sheet inside the shirt, but I do put one over the stones. I routinely use a teflon sheet or parchment paper over everything I press...just to be sure nothing from the press contaminates the garment

· Registered
4,323 Posts
Prepress for 5 sec
heat 350
time 20 sec

put teflon sheet inside shirt

put transfer down, apply another teflon

press

open press peel, slowly
take shirt of press turn inside out
repress the inside to make sure glue has adhered.
Done.

· Registered
4 Posts
What am I doing wrong if the rhinestone imprint shows through on the back of the shirt. I see some are doing rhinestones without inserting anything inside shirt. I'm now putting cardboard inside and the process seems so long to make each shirt.

· Registered
620 Posts
What am I doing wrong if the rhinestone imprint shows through on the back of the shirt. I see some are doing rhinestones without inserting anything inside shirt. I'm now putting cardboard inside and the process seems so long to make each shirt.
You are probably using too much pressure. I use a medium to heavy pressure and do not see any stone imprints.

· Registered
4 Posts
Oh I saw a lady at a fair doing rhinestone transfers, she only pressed them one time, I am really wondering if they stay on. I followed the instructions I got off of here, to press shirt, press transfer on shirt, turn shirt inside out, press again, then back on right side and press again. No stones are coming off this way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.