T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a total noob! But, I've been studying this great forum and seen that people were asking a question that I had.
How, to make rhinstone template using Corel Draw.

I have found a few good links, man I was doing it the hard way.....which is still better than hand placement...

Custom Spraylist Item - Rhinestone/Stud - Fluid Designs Blog

light version (1 min.) YouTube - Print Cut & Strass

Long version (5 min) YouTube - Strass

I found these on the Corel forums, I can't take credit for anything...

Hope this helps somebody, took me a long to find this.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hey, I tried Fluid's tutorial, and I don't get the same results. I am brand new to Corel, so I'm sure I missed something. Everything went fine until I tried to apply the rhinestone shape. Then it didn't flow around the text like his, but just put some sporadic dots here and there. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I do a lot of word sayings and would like to use this until I get my rhinestone software.

Here is what I ended up with:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep playing with it. I see you have some good prices on the Puma. I am currently shopping for a good cutter/plotter to use with my DAS Stone Stencil Software. :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Slick,

I see you have the DAS Stone Stencil Software. Do you like it? Is is hard/easy to use? What all did you get with it (did you get a package deal)? How much did it cost? I have been looking at it and the Roland R Wear and can not decide which if any to buy. Right now I am using Corel and taking the time to do it, but if one of the others is a lot easy and quicker I would really like to try it.

Thanks in advance,
Marilyn

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep playing with it. I see you have some good prices on the Puma. I am currently shopping for a good cutter/plotter to use with my DAS Stone Stencil Software. :)
Hi. When you bought the stone stencil software, did you buy the ????cut Pro with it or are you expecting to use the cutter software that comes with your cutter when you get one? If this is the case, will you please post with the results? Thank you and good luck.
Terry:rolleyes:
PS What she said.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Slick,

I see you have the DAS Stone Stencil Software. Do you like it? Is is hard/easy to use? What all did you get with it (did you get a package deal)? How much did it cost? I have been looking at it and the Roland R Wear and can not decide which if any to buy. Right now I am using Corel and taking the time to do it, but if one of the others is a lot easy and quicker I would really like to try it.

Thanks in advance,
Marilyn
Hi. Are you currently cutting templates for rhinestone with a vinyl cuter? Are you also just using a drawing program (corel?) to do the layouy/setup of the template and cutting? If you answered yes to either of these questions, will you please post all the details you can? Thank you and good luck.
Terry:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Marilyn...I have both the R-Wear and DAS rhinestone system. Both work very well. With the Roland system and the EGS350 (or 300) you are limited to the size template you can make. My EGS350 will only do 9x12. I think the 300 is a bit smaller. with the DAS system you can do 13x15 very easily.You can do larger but who has a 39 inch press.

R-Wear is really only suited for the engraver if you want to do templates. You can (so I am told) cut vinyl from the program just like a cutter program but I have never tried it and I sold my GX24 so I can't test that part out. R-Wear does come with a program to make any font into a single line font for rhinestone placement. The DAS system comes with several single line fonts as well as the there is single line font program that comes with the system. I have not tried that yet

Both programs/hardware are about the same...somewhere around $5,000...depending on which cutter you buy. Both do just what they say. I would say setting up the EGX350 is a bit more involved than setting up a vinyl cutter. The DAS system will cut a template 4-5 times as fast as the engraver. Both have other functions..... the engraver can be used to do normal rotary engraving....the vinyl cutter can of couse do signs and garment heat press vinyl..

I use Corel and Illustrator but only for some design features. I use the programs that come with each system to cut vinyl

By the way, the DAS system, which uses smartcutpro2, includes a pretty good vectorizing program. It is actually the VectorPro software upgraded and included with Smartcutpro2.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
We use a laser to cut our templates on oil boards. I use Corel and the sprayer to do a lot of the placements of the dots in outline areas. Then I use the copy & paste for single or fill areas. Very cumbersome and time consuming, but I usually do it on the laptop while watching TV at nights so I don't always realize how long it takes me sometimes. That is the main reason I have been looking at the DAS and Roland software. It looks so much easier and less time consuming. There is still some clean up work, but not like doing it the hard way.

Marilyn

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'm actually waiting on my Stone Stencil to arrive. I just paid for it today, so it should be here soon. The inital full package from DAS that I was getting was $5,500 (Jaguar IV cutter, Stone Stencil, Smart Designer X3, Stone Stencil Starter Kit, SmartCut Pro, Stone Stencil Art Vol 1). All of the items, except the cutter was required. I wanted to upgrade my cutter because my old one was basic and could not contour cut. However, after researching, I have removed the cutter from the package because I could get a comprable cutter (Thanks Charles) at a $1,200 price savings, and I really need to save some money right now. I don't have the years of experience that Charles has, so I will let you all know how easy the Stone Stencil software is to actually use. I've taken all the free courses and looked at all the online tutorials, and am hoping I don't have a problem. Charles was nice enough to let me use him as a tester and cut one of my more popular designs into a template for me. What once took 20-25 min to complete now takes 5-7. I think I can handle a little learning curve for the art preparation part if I'm going to be saving that kind of time!!

Hey, by the way, who do you guys use for a rhinestone supplier? I've been using this guy out of China, but lately, he doesn't have what I want in stock and has taken to "substituting" colors AFTER the wire has been sent. I want what I want, and I don't like substitutions unless I know first. Any leads would be helpful since I'm also planning to bulk up my rhinestone supply.

I really love this forum!!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm actually waiting on my Stone Stencil to arrive. I just paid for it today, so it should be here soon. The inital full package from DAS that I was getting was $5,500 (Jaguar IV cutter, Stone Stencil, Smart Designer X3, Stone Stencil Starter Kit, SmartCut Pro, Stone Stencil Art Vol 1). All of the items, except the cutter was required. I wanted to upgrade my cutter because my old one was basic and could not contour cut. However, after researching, I have removed the cutter from the package because I could get a comprable cutter (Thanks Charles) at a $1,200 price savings, and I really need to save some money right now. I don't have the years of experience that Charles has, so I will let you all know how easy the Stone Stencil software is to actually use. I've taken all the free courses and looked at all the online tutorials, and am hoping I don't have a problem. Charles was nice enough to let me use him as a tester and cut one of my more popular designs into a template for me. What once took 20-25 min to complete now takes 5-7. I think I can handle a little learning curve for the art preparation part if I'm going to be saving that kind of time!!

Hey, by the way, who do you guys use for a rhinestone supplier? I've been using this guy out of China, but lately, he doesn't have what I want in stock and has taken to "substituting" colors AFTER the wire has been sent. I want what I want, and I don't like substitutions unless I know first. Any leads would be helpful since I'm also planning to bulk up my rhinestone supply.

I really love this forum!!!
I use Chris at hypnotic He is KLEVERR on this forum. I've only gotten two small orders from him but they are, at my level, priced right and he seems a good guy, prompt and comunicative. Good luck.
Terry ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks a lot Charles & Slick. We already have the Smart Designer X3 and I don't think I really want the Stone Stencil Art Vol. 1. I do not want to get another cutter or an engraver. We already have the VP540 Versacamm and we have a laser that we do most of our engraving with. We like making the templates on the oilboard with the laser. We were just looking for a program to make the templates easier. So I think I would only want the Smart Cut Pro and Stone Stencil or Roland R Wear. The problem is that the salemen all want to sell you the cutters or engravers and all of the other kit stuff. I don't want all that other stuff.

Thanks again,
Marilyn

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I don't think you set the spacing right play around with the spacing until you get your desired results.
Hey, thanks!! I finally got the spacing and size to work out. Now my next issue, how do I remove individual circles that may be overlapping each other at very small point? Can I treat the sprayed items as individuals or will the always stay together :confused:. By the way, I did read the first 50 pages of the manual last night. :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You have to ungroup them and then you can remove individual s and move others if they are not in the right position.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You have to ungroup them and then you can remove individual s and move others if they are not in the right position.
That's what I thought, because it sounds simple enough, however, I selected the entire image and did "ungroup all", but I still couldn't click on one single rhinestone shape. Should I be clicking on the individual curve in the Object Manager box or am I completely missing something?:confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sorry you have to select item first, then go to arrange and click on break apart artistic media, this will now show the dots and the letter/design. Select the design and delete or move then select the dots and now ungroup. There I think that's it:)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ok, I've got this working almost perfectly. I've got my 2mm, 3mm and 4mm sprayer and I can actually make something that looks like something (smile). I have one question though. When I spray an item, I get a shape on each side of the item, like it's tyring to place a double line of dots along the entire outline. Is there anyway to only get a sinle placement of dots with the sprayer?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I buy my rhinestones from DAS great quality and very good pricing. So if you buy the stone stencil from them then you should get your rhinestones there too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts