T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have followed this topic for some time now and have recently purchased the WinPc2020Pro software to cut templates. Well I have been playing for quite sometime now and can't get my cutter to cut round circles. I using a Vinyl Express cutter, a new 60 degree blade with Graphtec pink template material. Downforce 250 to 300 grams. I have adjusted the offset the full range and double cut and still egg shaped holes. It almost seems like the blade stretches the material thus an oval hole. If I reduce the down force it seems to cut round but far from cutting deep enough to be able to weed. Any ideas? Maybe a different template material?
Thanks for any help.

· Registered
203 Posts
Too much downforce will cause the material to stretch. So you did the right thing by reducing the force. You will want to make sure your blade is extended far enough then to cut through the material. Also, you may want to have the cutter retrace the design more than once. If you duplicate your design right on top of itself, the cutter will cut each circle twice.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott I'll keep playing, was hoping to get some design cut so I could set up at our county Fair in two weeks. I got my software and stones from you. There is not much in the way of info on Rhinestones in the owner manual of the WinPc 2010pro, is there anyplace I can download it? Thanks Terry

· Registered
203 Posts
Hey Terry! Are you looking for a soft copy of the WinPCSIGN Pro 2010 rhinestone manual (a supplemental manual the manufacturer did not include in the packaging) or other general information on applying rhinestones? Just let me know and I'll help you out with what you need. :)

Edit: I just emailed you the supplemental manual.

· Registered
996 Posts
I'm thinking of using that same material for stencils. Anyone using it with the CE 5000-60? How do you like it and what settings do you use.

· Registered
996 Posts
Terry.....What holder and blade are you using for stencil cutting? Will the ones that came with the cutter work or would a different angle blade work better. Thanks.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
I am using the red top holder and the 60 degree blade. I did get one of the clean cut blades but haven't seen it make any difference yet but all I've cut with it so far is the "test" cut on the panel display to get the depth and down forse down.

· Registered
996 Posts
Terry...sorry to be a pain but what is the setting on your panel for the downforce. When I cut vinyl mine is at 15. I know that it's in relationship to the blade extention from the holder and just wondering what you are using for your stencils.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
With the red top holder and the 60 degree blade, my downforce is set at 20 for cutting the green Hartco material. If looking for this material by name, specify the Hartco 425
On my Graphtec the force is set at 20 as well.
(hartco425 material - 60° blade)
:)

· Registered
996 Posts
Thank you Mrs. Bacon and Terry. This will save me a lot of time trying different settings and taking asprin when setting up. Darn..another question. What SW are you using. I was thinking either the IdesignR CE or the ACS design. Both are around $400. Any input?

· Registered
1,499 Posts
I use the KNK studio with my groove-e cutter.
(the ACS is very similar and will work w/ the Graphtec Ce5000-60)
SandyM can explain the differences between the two.
(I will be taking a class w/ her this next week because I am still a newbie to this software.)

I also use the FuntimeDelux2010 with my Graphtec.
(I am still learning this program too)

· Registered
996 Posts
I hate picking a software for a task such as rhinestones. They all tout their benifits and all look "fantastic'" in their own eyes. I just want something that will allow me to make simple name or vector graphic stencils. No frills needed than you. Am I asking too much or too little for my 400 bucks.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
I hate picking a software for a task such as rhinestones. They all tout their benifits and all look "fantastic'" in their own eyes. I just want something that will allow me to make simple name or vector graphic stencils. No frills needed than you. Am I asking too much or too little for my 400 bucks.
Actualy, if that is all you want, then your wanting to pay too much. The ACS proram is supposed to be pretty good for the money, but I do everything with Corel Draw X4 and Funtime Deluxe 2010 which together with Luis's macro"FDO2P", cost me just under $250. Actualy, the only reason I use funtime is making rhinestone lettering but if you just want single line fonts, Corel Draw X4 has a center line trace funtion that will make pretty good single line letters and numbers to use for rhinestones. I can do the images for rhinestones without the macro, FDO2P, but it does save a lot of time like the Funtime does for lettering.:D

· Registered
598 Posts
I have used a few templates so far and as of now the best I have used is the hartco 425. It brushes the easiest, weeds the easiest and does not have to much glue on the back which is the biggest key factor!! If you use one of the materials that have to much adhesive on the back you will be in for some trouble in the future. I have had to recreate all of my templates with the hartco 425. When we do event it is outside and can get very hot in the Fla sun. Well with our past material it's glue gets hot and sticky again. Which then spreads to the holes for the stones. Nightmare when this happens. We use the baking soda technique which does help some but still a pain in the butt as all of the stones will not pull up and the baking soda only works for about 10 min before you need to apply more. We have not had this issue at all with the 425. We also have a few other materials to test out that Scott, Sandy and Mrs. B have sent. Will update when we have time to test them out. Also, make sure you are doing 2 rotations on the cut and it will help with your weeding. These are the results we are getting with the 425 for weeding right now.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

· Registered
996 Posts
Matt....what SW are you using for creating stencils? I would like to have one SW that also has a plug-in for my cutter. Like my AI and Coral.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.