T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently having my rhinestone designs out sourced. I would like to purchase a cutter and a manuel rhinestone system so I can create my own designs. Which is a good system to start with, (cutter, software, etc.) I've looked into Synergy17 at a show but that was the only system that was there. Any advice? (especially on the cutter)

· Registered
353 Posts
Hi there,

There are several companies that offer cutters, software, heat presses, etc, but being a seller, I can't really comment on any specifics or options I prefer. If you have any questions regarding the Rhinestone Supplies/Equipment you saw at the Synergy 17 booth, please feel free to contact us anytime. Or if you have any specific questions like "can this cutter do this", or "can that software do that", we can answer them here.

· Registered
973 Posts
you will get all kinds of different opinions but i think basically it will come down to how much money you have to spend then you can narrow your machine and software down from there. if your new you may want to focus on just getting a cutter and having someone do the designs for you at first ,untill you get the cutting and weeding of the template down once you get that down you should then look at the different programs out there and once again depending on how much you can spend it will vary.

i would first start with you initial investment that you are gonna spend and list that and everyone will chime in you are at the right place for all your questions..

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people for the advice. I'm looking to spend under 2k (cutter, software, etc.) Unfortunately, I just make a big investment in a DTG printer so I don't have a lot to spend in a cutter. I have read some post about some cutters that were around $500. that people were happy with. That's probably what I'm looking to spend on a cutter. I don't know too much about cutters and software so any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
850 Posts
Thanks people for the advice. I'm looking to spend under 2k (cutter, software, etc.) Unfortunately, I just make a big investment in a DTG printer so I don't have a lot to spend in a cutter. I have read some post about some cutters that were around $500. that people were happy with. That's probably what I'm looking to spend on a cutter. I don't know too much about cutters and software so any help would be appreciated.
If you are decent with CorelDRAW there is a macro that is pretty good called rStones... $49

Otherwise you might consider the Funtime Scrapbooking as it has a Rhinestone feature as well for a little more... $79.

For a cutter in your price range... I would contact Stephanie at Synergy17 and ask her about the details of the GCC Expert 24 $449.00 with Great Cut software. I have no personal knowledge with either item but I know Stephanie has always been very good to answer my questions... She also is more or less a one stop shop as she sells all the corresponding supplies and rhinestones... I'm sure she could set you up a nice starter package in your price range.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.