T-Shirt Forums banner

161 - 180 of 1045 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is my niece's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
QUOTE] I just sent out a few samples to Victoria Secret yesterday. A rep contacted me about some stuff they want in their stores. If it works, ALL of their stores! LOL [/QUOTE];) :)[/quote]

Matt, you may have landed Victoria Secret? Congratulations on that. I hope it works out for you. Totally impressed!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.

Really, Really nice Terry.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Hey Terry, Thanks! FAR FAR from landed though. We were just contacted by someone to send samples of the product of what they want to see if they like it and if it will work for the project they are doing. Fingers are crossed and we will see. I think what I sent exactly what they want and I think it will work.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm? I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.

If this design doesn't work as a car decal it would look awesome on a t-shirt or hoodie. Nice work!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Terry, Thanks! FAR FAR from landed though. We were just contacted by someone to send samples of the product of what they want to see if they like it and if it will work for the project they are doing. Fingers are crossed and we will see. I think what I sent exactly what they want and I think it will work.
Congrats Matt!! They have obviously seen your work and like it enough to have "contacted you". I think this is great and I love to hear this type of story. It is very encouraging, especially since you have explained how you started. I know it does take hard work and dedication. My fingers are crossed with you. You deserve it.

Sharon

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm? I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.

If this design doesn't work as a car decal it would look awesome on a t-shirt or hoodie. Nice work!
The different sized stones might work if someone were to press the smaller stones first and then the larger ones? Maybe someone with time on their hands could try it with a small decal to see?:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Gotta read the rules, Matt. First important step when joining a forum. And no need to apologize, most of the members are very aware of the guidelines. :)
No worries. I don't want to break any rules and I was unaware of that. Glad you got me before I posted it. Sorry for getting your hopes up TSF it was my fault for not knowing the rules. I wanted to make a sample of this design as thought it would look cool and am going to present it to a company with Licensing to see if they want to add it to their current inventory. That Licensing is way to expensive and I need to find someone that I can work under. If anyone would happen to know a company, please share.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm?
I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.
UGH! Thanks, I must have missed that one somehow. They are 3mm and 2mm stones. Hmmm....

They are already using this design on hoodies and t-shirts and are pretty excited for car decals. Hope I can make it work! It's not my design, I'm just making it into a decal for them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Matt I didnt know this either,I figured you can make any thing you want for yourself as long as your not selling it,especially if it is used just as an example.Ho hum.;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
UGH! Thanks, I must have missed that one somehow. They are 3mm and 2mm stones. Hmmm....

They are already using this design on hoodies and t-shirts and are pretty excited for car decals. Hope I can make it work! It's not my design, I'm just making it into a decal for them.
Terry, That is not a very detailed design. If I were you I would just re-create it in all ss10 or 3mm and you will be GOLDEN! That will look great as a car decal and they will love it just as much as all one size stone. All your doing is creating more work for yourself when you use multiple size stones. Keep it simple and it will increase your production time which in turn increases your profits!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts

Great design,,, and I think that will work,,

What I want you to do is peel the top sheet off after pressing, like we do

and what I have found for decals like this,, or seperate letter decals, like my kids rocks,,

Put that piece of transfer tape back on, the image,,
Peel off the back to losen it, put it back on,, and send it,,
tell her when she applies, to peel the back,, off
leaving the top carrier sheet,, to help apply,
she will do fine..
If you have any questions,, let me know
MMM

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
No worries. I don't want to break any rules and I was unaware of that. Glad you got me before I posted it. Sorry for getting your hopes up TSF it was my fault for not knowing the rules. I wanted to make a sample of this design as thought it would look cool and am going to present it to a company with Licensing to see if they want to add it to their current inventory. That Licensing is way to expensive and I need to find someone that I can work under. If anyone would happen to know a company, please share.
Matt ,
That is exactly what I do,, when i have a logo that i think would look great blinged out,,,

I contact the company before i do anything,, if they show interest I get permission to use there logo for a proof,, for them,,only..

Design it,, and send it to them ,,,

Dont think of using their logo,, think of working for that company,,,, with a one time use permit,,,, with that design,.

That way you dont have to buy anything,,, you are working for them..... under there license,,

but dont touch the logo untill they say go......

I was looking forward to your decal on steroids,,, :( video

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Great design Terry!

I have to say,, I have made a ton of 2mm stone decals,,, that have been awesome,, and all the stones have the lil cups under them just fine,,,
I think everyone should expierment on their own,,,,
the 2mm bling like crazy,, the cheer mom i posted was a 2mm -6ss stone.
Maybe the pressure needs to be a lil more with the 2mm to make the cup,,,
If someone else tries them let us know,, as they are doing great for me ,,,and this cannot be a climate thing,,lol

mixing the sizes of stones again could be a problem with the pressure thing,,,,,possible,,

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Yes, Sandy is correct. What we are doing now if using our vinyl transfer tape for this process. The hot fix tape just gets a little dented and doesn't look quite as good for the customers. (But works) That is how I was able to apply that K Monique design I posted. Very easy that way. Just like applying a vinyl decal. I have a video from few months ago applying it like that posted on here somewhere. May have been the original posting for the decal stuff.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I have to say,, I have made a ton of 2mm stone decals,,, that have been awesome,, and all the stones have the lil cups under them just fine,,,

mixing the sizes of stones again could be a problem with the pressure thing,,,,,possible,,
Yes, Sandy the 2mm stones look awesome in the designs. They work perfect every time if you use all 2mm. We have used 6's 10's 16 and 20's all perfect. The one post I was just pertaining to mix stone size decals. Because the 3mm are higher than the 2mm and the pressure doesnt get all the way down to the 2mm. Hope it didnt confuse anyone. If you have a detailed design use 2mm and it will work perfect. If all the stone are the same size you will have no issues.

·
Registered
437 Posts

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have been applying the decals the way DAS suggests: peeling the backing off, spray design, press and peel topping. I usually wait a few minutes before peeling the top and it all depends on how much you spray (the more you spray the longer it takes to dry). But I have not had one problem with it yet. After I peel the transfer film off, I press with the paper towel again.

So if you use this method with that design, I think it would be just fine.

Di

161 - 180 of 1045 Posts