T-Shirt Forums banner

141 - 160 of 1045 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use the Hartco 425 from signwarehouse.com and really like it. I haven't tried the other products out there for cutting the stone stencils, so I don't have anything to compare it too. But I can say it works well for me.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I have thought of cutting twice and intended to try it when I cut again. I know to just make two of the design, one directly on top of the other and it will cut twice. There isn't a cut twice option in the Graphtec cutting plug-in for Corel Draw. I have bought a "clean-cut" blade for my cutter so maybe that will make a difference. Maybe just leave a small portion of a design to cut once by deleting a few dots from the second copy that will get laid on top of the first. I used to hate when downloaded art would have multiple layers on top of each other but now I see where that can be a good thing sometimes.
Terry, My prayers are with you and your family,
MMM

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Oh no Terry. I hope they get Better. Our prayers are with you. As for the 425 people were saying that you could not cut the holes close at all. I'm not sure how much closer you want to get than the baseball mom design I did in that video? As you can see they pulled perfect and not even close to ripping. The baking soda could be needed at some point, but the normal DAS material I use backing soda is needed every time. Even right after a make a new template. I just made 10 decals of that baseball mom design last night with no powder and every stone pulled off perfect on all 10. It was nice.
Matt,
For the Hartco, 425 Green Rubber product, you can get pretty darn close, with your holes,, as long as you leave a lil hairline membrane you are good,,
The only time You would need more membrane between holes is if you put it, on a counter and rip it to weed..
This is where anyone that needs the Hartco 425 can purchase it.
Sign Making, Sign Supplies, Vinyl Cutters, Sign Cutters, Vinyl Banners, Wide Format Color Printers, Laser Engravers

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've cut stencil material for the 2mm in the Hartco 425. Make sure if you are following a path that you remove the path. LOL

I've not dedicated much time to playing with the rhinestone stencils, but the Hartco can be a pain to weed, esp. when you don't cut twice. I can't get my Roland to cut completely through the material with a single pass. THe last stencil I made, I adjusted the blade and it cut completely through the 425 AND the sheet, so I had to weed by hand. haha

Rhinestone stencil horror stories! I gave up and made my husband finish the stencil. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
These are two designs I created and have been selling. I just don't have any of them made up right now to show.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
These are two designs I created and have been selling. I just don't have any of them made up right now to show.
Di, The custom number option on them is great isn't it. You are charging more if they want the custom number inside right? The baseball/Softball one works great for that too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks, it took me a whole day to create the football one with all the interruptions from the kids. Plus the first time I made it I put the circles too close together and the whole think punched out wrong....that was a nightmare!!! (Lesson to all...don't put the circles too close together :p )I'm almost done with the volleyball one too. Just a few more sections to fill in.

And yes, I do charge a little extra to put the numbers in.

Di

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
New Custom Dance Logo for a team order of shirts and car decals. Had to get a little creative with this one. Have to apply this one a different way and might have found a new little trick. I am going to play around with it a little more and will let you know. Can't apply a decal like this with the sticker method. LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice design! I'm curious though, why can't you use the sticker method Matt? I have to make a decal from someone's logo and it's kind of fancy so I'm going to be watching with interest! I'll scan the design tomorrow to show you what I mean.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Nice design! I'm curious though, why can't you use the sticker method Matt? I have to make a decal from someone's logo and it's kind of fancy so I'm going to be watching with interest! I'll scan the design tomorrow to show you what I mean.
I tried it first with the sticker method and because the wording is so thin and contoured around it is very hard to handle. I was able to do it very carefully, but I have handled 500 of these things. There is NO WAY a customer would be able to and they would screw it up 90% of the time guaranteed. The other problem is as you all know that have created a decal the hot fix tape gets so stuck to the decals you can also not apply it like a regular vinyl decal because it would stick to the surface it the bond is stronger on the Hot fix tape. This is why everyone is including myself is doing dense designs. Single line fonts are difficult to apply. But, I have some stuff coming in this week I think may work? Who knows. I hope so. I just sent out a few samples to Victoria Secret yesterday. A rep contacted me about some stuff they want in their stores. If it works, ALL of their stores! LOL ;) :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
OK, new project in the works right now and I THINK it is going to work!!! Uh oh heads up Rhinestone world. I am going to call this process a "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" LOL. Will post a video and image in a few once the process is complete. About to make our current rhinestone decal designs look like a 80's look. Of course the sample I am using I can't sell but thought it would be a good tester. Boy if I only had licensing this would have insane sales! Imagine this process with regular high school, team, or business logos. I know quit talking and show me a "Rhinestone Decal on STEROIDS" lol

·
7,661 Posts
Will post a video and image in a few once the process is complete. About to make our current rhinestone decal designs look like a 80's look. Of course the sample I am using I can't sell but thought it would be a good tester. Boy if I only had licensing this would have insane sales! Imagine this process with regular high school, team, or business logos. I know quit talking and show me a "Rhinestone Decal on STEROIDS" lol
Sorry, Matt. According to TSF rules and guidelines, if you do not have the copyright to the image, or permission from the copyright owner, which you just said you do not, you are not permitted to post said image here on TSF.

Please see:

No Copyrighted Material

Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums or used as an avatar without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. The T-Shirt Forums shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

Please follow this link for more information:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-information/t4.html

If you would like to create a video with a design you do own the copyright to, please, with thanks, share on TSF.

Thank you for your cooperation. Good luck with the new product.

·
7,661 Posts
Ohhh no. Dang. I just finished it up too. Sorry forum, I am not allowed to post the "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" Man, I just wasted an hour of my life creating this.
Gotta read the rules, Matt. First important step when joining a forum. And no need to apologize, most of the members are very aware of the guidelines. :)

Thanks for the great posts from you, and everyone else, in this thread.

But must always be careful to stay within the guidelines of the Forum. We all agreed to them when we signed on, and the major majority of members do adhere to them, so as a courtesy to each other, we all carry the same torch.

For everyone here as something to sell, something to promote, and at TSF, we also respect the law of copyright and trademark.

All of it is actually what makes the special blended flavor that is the forum we all know, love and appreciate.

Thanks, again, Matt.

·
7,661 Posts
I have read the thread through and as a courtesy to all the authors and future readers, have updated the title to more reflect the direction the thread has taken. Great info, please keep up the good work and best wishes to you each in your business/learning endeavors. Hi to some familiar faces in here. Best wishes to you and Cathy, Terry.

141 - 160 of 1045 Posts