T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1045 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Here is our first go at it... we created a Swarovski design (to show what we can do) along with some vinyl lettering underneath for some easy marketing. WOW.... we LOVE it.... the sparkle in the FL sun is HOT!

Who can provide some TSF links to info about how to create the quality vinyl lettering? Would love to offer the client a combo- like we have done in these photos (we outsourced the vinyl).

Thanks TSF pals!

http://www.regaliarags.com/images/RegaliaCarDecal_edit.jpg

http://www.regaliarags.com/images/RegaliaCarDecal2_edit.jpg
Just saw the decal on your FB posting. Wow!!! This is great.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm having some issues with my cutter and the decal material so for the time being I am trimming by hand and not doing as good a job as I would like. This actually is my second decal. I did a star yesterday but my trim job isn't good and I don't want you to see that one. I had trouble getting a shot of it on my truck without my reflection being in the picture so I shot this one at an angle. I didn't get much sparkle taking the picture at an angle but better no sparkle than the reflection of me in my jammies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Heres an idea for hand-trimming these decals. Print out the design on paper and tape that to the material and trim with exacto knife before placing stones. I can do some pretty good trimming with my little exacto when I have to. Although I haven't sold hardly any shirts, I have made quite a few and have never done the contour cut of printed image on my graphtec yet.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Heres an idea for hand-trimming these decals. Print out the design on paper and tape that to the mateerial and trim with exacto knife before placing stones. I can do some pretty good trimming with my little exacto when I have to. Although I haven't sold hardly any shirts, I have made quite a few and have never done the contour cut of printed image on my graphtec yet.
Great idea. I will try that on the next one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm having some issues with my cutter and the decal material so for the time being I am trimming by hand and not doing as good a job as I would like. This actually is my second decal. I did a star yesterday but my trim job isn't good and I don't want you to see that one. I had trouble getting a shot of it on my truck without my reflection being in the picture so I shot this one at an angle. I didn't get much sparkle taking the picture at an angle but better no sparkle than the reflection of me in my jammies.
Looks good Jane! The outline is barely visible! We also had the same issue in trimming with scissors... someone is going to clean it up with a razor blade because there were some bubbly parts around the edges. But we love DTFuqua's idea of using the exacto- will try that next time!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here's my first completed wholesale for retail job. I work at our family owned resort and made our turtle logo for sale in our store. I've packaged it up under my new website store and each package contains instructions (2 sided) and a little spray bottle of application fluid. Our store will retail these at $24.95.

A job putting these first ones together. I can see now that assembly line style is needed even if it is just me putting them together.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Vida way to go!
I only have one small suggestion on your packaging - hope you don't mind?

I think the packaging would look better if you could see all of the turtle's head through the clear part. Don't know if you would have to get bigger clear baggies, or make the turtle just a bit smaller.

These do look fantastic though! I don't think the resort will have ANY problem getting $25 a piece for those!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Vida- Awesome! Love the packaging concept. How was that done?
I took Matt's suggestion and peeled the transfer tape off the top of the design. I also peeled the turtle "sticker" off the carrier and re-placed just to make sure the customer won't have any problems removing it. That stuff reminds me of fruit roll-ups.

I created the interior sheet with Corel, and just flipped the top so when it folds over, it's facing the correct way.

I purchased the bags from www.clearbags.com in just two sizes. I think I will buy some other sizes this week to accommodate other designs.

I purchased a slew of small 2ml plastic bottles with sprayers and a cap from 2ml Natural Spray Pump with Cap
and filled them about 3/4 full. When I tested out a package with a friend, he said he had enough to put the decal on and plenty left over.

And violia!:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Vida way to go!
I only have one small suggestion on your packaging - hope you don't mind?

I think the packaging would look better if you could see all of the turtle's head through the clear part. Don't know if you would have to get bigger clear baggies, or make the turtle just a bit smaller.

These do look fantastic though! I don't think the resort will have ANY problem getting $25 a piece for those!
You are very correct, they would definately look better with the turtle head showing. I just bought two sizes of bags to begin with, but I'm going to purchase some other sizes this week so I have a variety. I was anxious to get some of these on the shelf this week because I don't want to lose the momentum (or the summer season), many have been asking for them since they've seen my two "test" ones out there. And I need to start making some moola!:D

61 - 80 of 1045 Posts