T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just starting out and had some samples printed with DTG by TeeJunction.

I'm quite disappointed with the quality of the print, but as I'm a novice I don't know if it is the printing company or an unsuitable printing method for my designs that is at fault.

I've attached comparisons of the original image and samples. The DTG samples look grainy, the colour reproduction is very poor for one, and there are horizontal lines in one that remind me of a paper inkjet printer running low on ink.

I've also attached a more detailed design that I have created (the inset shows a close-up). As you can see I need a printing method that can reproduce an image at high resolution.

What do people think? Is there an alternative printing method I should consider? And what dropshippers are there that can integrate with Shopify so I can sell t-shirts individually?

A complication is that I'm under time pressure to start 'production' as two of my designs (and the whole idea of a t-shirt business) are for a fundraising campaign that ends in mid-October.

Thanks in advance - any advice would be really helpful at this early stage.

Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hi Dean, I would love the opportunity to discuss in person your sample DTG order with Tee Junction. We're always open to a frank and honest discussion in regards to your experience.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the samples received. I can understand the points you've raised, some are inherently the nature of DTG & white ink printing, while others (the subtle streaks you mentioned) can be addressed. We did not hear from you directly, so we weren't aware of the issues that have been posted here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Zhen,

I have sent you an email privately. I hope you understand that the intent with my post was to seek impartial opinions on the samples and the suitability of DTG printing for my designs.

As t-shirt printing is all new to me I'm unsure if my expectations are realistic or whether I am expecting too much from the printing method. I wanted to be more confident in my expectations before discussing my specific concerns with you. I honestly believe I can only validate my expectations using advice from people without a commercial interest in printing my t-shirts.

I hope that I have not offended you or your company in my post. I let the images of the samples speak for themselves, and I believe I was explicit in stating that I was unsure if the printer or my expectations were the cause of my disappointment with the samples.

Cheers,
Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts