T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, can you please take a minute and review, give opinion, suggestions and any other advice on my website- I know the mocking is not that good, but needed to start somewhere- if you guys can give me pointers on how to mock shirts.. Thanks

www.epicphame.com

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The site homepage looks excellent. The only thing I might change is to have the "made by vets" the 1st image of the 3 as it could hold a potential customer's attention a little longer to want to see the designs. Most shoppers will be interested in designs created by vets if only out of respect for our armed forces. As for the rotating site images, they definitely caught my eye & are well done. One thing that bothered me was the 1/2 head models. If that's how you're going to present them, I'd use the full face but that's just my opinion. When will you be adding more designs? Not having enough may not bring shoppers back due to lack of selections. All in all, I'd say you're off to a good start. Good luck with the business!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,

Thanks for your review.. Good point about having the VETS slide first, also i cut off the models because i wanted my shoppers to focus on the shirts and designs rather than the face of the model. I have more designs but want to introduce them in the winter months, if i show off everything now- I won't have any to show throughout the year. I though starting with the one i have was enough, but your saying is to put more designs?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, the homepage is well done. Having the Vet Owned slide as the first one would be a good feel.
I like the simple navigation in the header. Also like how the navigation does not change through out the product pages and check out page. The cut off faces throw me off though, I see what you are saying about focusing on the design, but for me it does the opposite :). Im also a fan of realistic product images, sometimes digital mock ups either do not do the design justice or give the customer misguided expectations.
well done nonetheless

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Travis,

Thanks- I will see about maybe putting the faces on the models or how about just cutting off the model completely?.. I'm not an expert in mocking shirts, hats my weakness. What software or recommendations do you guys propose to make my mocks much better?.. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think mock ups are a matter of opinion. Like i said I am a fan of real product photos, but I know alot of brands have success with simple digital mocks such as ours. You can find a plethora of Sites with great mock ups that can be used. If you want to PM me I can send ya some if it helps

·
Registered
882 Posts
I agree with the suggestions about putting the Vets slide first. That is a huge pull for many customers.

The headless models don't bother me. But, what about having the 2nd, 3rd and 4th slides some of your vet friends modeling them? You would have to be careful and follow military guidelines (I'm sure there are some).

Then, the headless models would have less of an impact, IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like your site very much. Clean, neutral, great pictures.
I like the idea of having your Vet friends as models!

I am more of a grammar police. So first thing I noticed is your newsletter link at the top of the page. Sign up to Newsletter? Should be, Sign up For Our Newsletter? or Newsletter Sign Up?

Your about us section is good.. a little wordy at times, needs to be a little more concise.

Double check spelling and capitalization on EVERYTHING! I saw a few in the shipping section on a quick glance through.

This is all in my opinion. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Right off i see that google has no way to list your website as a t shirt site so that will kill any change of selling many shirts. With out a lot of wording on the home page talking about what you sell google can not tell what you sell just look at all your home page text that is what google sees and you do not say what you are selling anyplace.
The name of the site has nothing to do with t shirts, You do not have the word T Shirts on the home not even once.
So good luck with that.

Over all site design is basic looks like a template that you just added in your top log and added the slide show images and shopping cart many be a few hours of work done on it.

The site is using - Yoast WordPress SEO plugin - but that is not set up right to do you any good.
The site is also using - Visual Composer - that can let you do some amazing things on the site but you are not using it for any of the things you should be using it for.
woocommerce looks to be working right but not set up for any seo

Your REVOLUTION SLIDER image are not set up for seo.

Your categories are not set up for seo

Over all who ever set up the site has it set up to never show up good in any search sites so you will need to have all your customers know your website address and type it in to go to your site as google will not do much with a site like this as you did not provide any info for google to use to list your site. I see this over and over on new sites that die and no one find and thats why.

You need to look at your site like if you did not have the t shirt photos on the home page could you even tell by all the text words what the site is about NO.

Even all the names of your sites are wrong for seo like.

what is mensmultiepic-300x400.jpg if google sees that what will they think that image is ??
or redepic-300x400.jpg
None of your images tell google what any of the images are so non of them will get indexed into google photos and link back to your site.

That what i think.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
In many cases, more is not necessarily better, but this isn't one of them. More choices, more possible sales. It's really that simple. As for not using seasonal products, you must remember that shoppers may be in different climates depending on their locations, so you're possibly missing sales. You may want to have a separate location for seasonals on the site rather than mix them randomly with warm weather products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.