T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi please review my t-shirt website and it's designs.

http://www.froopii.com

Also, please note that the site is not completely finished. I still need to add the paypal bits so you can actually order tshirts.

Any advice you can give any criticism would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ooo, those are really cute. Will you show what you'll be printing on? I'm a sticky customer, myself.....I always like to see what I'm going to buy when somebody else is wearing it, or I won't.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. First thing you need is an 'alt' tag over your pictures. That is a text message that comes up on screen when the mouse is over the graphic. Guessing what's behind the graphics may be fun, but it's not very informative.

Your site loaded up quickly and it's certainly different enough to make an impact. I know the site is still under construction, but it's looking good.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooo, those are really cute. Will you show what you'll be printing on? I'm a sticky customer, myself.....I always like to see what I'm going to buy when somebody else is wearing it, or I won't.
Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. I was going to take photos live when i can afford it.

Hi. First thing you need is an 'alt' tag over your pictures. That is a text message that comes up on screen when the mouse is over the graphic. Guessing what's behind the graphics may be fun, but it's not very informative.

Your site loaded up quickly and it's certainly different enough to make an impact. I know the site is still under construction, but it's looking good.

Hope this helps.
Actually, alt tags are for accessiblity for screen readers so that vision impaired people know what the image is for. But i will take your advice and put the tags in.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Awww they are really cute, so far site functions easy. I would also add a about us page to give a little info about who you are :) Its coming along good though and I think your designs are unique. I like the colorful site. I agree that at least showing an picture of what the garments look like is a good idea. Good luck with your designs.

Reactions: TiD

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree that you need to add the text to the graphics to eliminate the guessing. I think the site looks great! I really like the look of the pages taped up, but I had to think about it for a minute to realize what it was. Can you change the tape to diagonal on the corners? Just a thought:). One other thing I would change, have your header bring you back to the home page. Very nice site! Good luck with it:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Best website I've seen here so far! Well done!

And the designs are just wonderful. Put up the Paypal thingies soon TiD, I'd like to get one of your tees for the missus! :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
As characters your images are very cute. As web site navigation they're horrible. Mystery meat navigation is one of the biggest killers of sales on web sites. If people can't figure out how to do what they want to do they won't stick around to find out what you've got.

I am assuming that what you've shown us here is what someone who found your site through a search engine would encounter. Imagine you're searching for shirts. Your site shows up in the listings and someone clicks on the link. They're then confronted with the icons on the current first page of your site. Other than the small word products, there is nothing to tell them why they've arrived here or what they're supposed to do. Granted, anyone who is the least bit web savvy would probably guess they're supposed to click one of the icons, but you're still taking a bit chance. Even a sentence that says "Click an icon to see our unique designs" would be helpful.

An about us or a "philosophy behind our designs" page would be a help too. Right now you can't get any sense from the site of who is behind the site and running things. Customers like to buy from people they feel are trustworthy and that they feel connected to. Your site doesn't really allow for that right now.

Your designs are cute, and I appreciate what you're attempting to do with your navigation, I just think you could potentially be creating some problems for yourself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As characters your images are very cute. As web site navigation they're horrible. Mystery meat navigation is one of the biggest killers of sales on web sites. If people can't figure out how to do what they want to do they won't stick around to find out what you've got.

I am assuming that what you've shown us here is what someone who found your site through a search engine would encounter. Imagine you're searching for shirts. Your site shows up in the listings and someone clicks on the link. They're then confronted with the icons on the current first page of your site. Other than the small word products, there is nothing to tell them why they've arrived here or what they're supposed to do. Granted, anyone who is the least bit web savvy would probably guess they're supposed to click one of the icons, but you're still taking a bit chance. Even a sentence that says "Click an icon to see our unique designs" would be helpful.

An about us or a "philosophy behind our designs" page would be a help too. Right now you can't get any sense from the site of who is behind the site and running things. Customers like to buy from people they feel are trustworthy and that they feel connected to. Your site doesn't really allow for that right now.

Your designs are cute, and I appreciate what you're attempting to do with your navigation, I just think you could potentially be creating some problems for yourself.
I added some text links under the image. Does it make it more clear now?

On a seperate note, i've added a shopping cart feature and would really appreciate it if it was tested.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's a nice looking site. I especially like the vectors you used for the images.

I tested out your shopping cart. Your credit card section link doesn't work yet. Your paypal appears to work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a nice looking site. I especially like the vectors you used for the images.

I tested out your shopping cart. Your credit card section link doesn't work yet. Your paypal appears to work.
Hmm... I think you misinterpreted the message i was trying to convey with the "No Paypal" required image. The image isn't a link to the credit card payment, you need to checkout via paypal and hit the link indicated in the image. So that's bad instruction on my part. I have thus improved the text describing the "No Paypal" way of paying for your items.

Has the improved text made it clearer?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Definitely enjoyed the site, very clean and easy to browse through. Just add a few people wearing the gear and I think you'll have yourself a fairly successful website, obviously combined with some marketing. But good job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts